I need one amazing protective bag!

Curt

Well Dave, right now after looking around I would suggest the Lowepro Slingshot 302AW.
If you go on line I am sure you can get one very easily. For the money and what it offers, it seems like the best choice.
It is the one I am looking at. I did check one out at the local camera shop and it's very well made, offering great protection for both your camera/lenses & your laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Hamilton

Decision made – I’m not going to buy right now.

Favorite potential bags come down to the following:

1) Naneu K4F – This bag sounds great. If I could see one in person I would probably buy it if it lived up to the press.The price is more than fair at $259 and the weight (5.45 pounds) is very reasonable for a bag of this size. I love the fact that it is made of ballistic nylon and it holds two 17” MAC laptops. At 21.5x18x10 I feel sure I would get it through any airport. If I buy this I will need the DSLR optional insert. If I can find a bag IN STOCK at a place I can see it/feel it/touch it I will probably buy this bag, but I really feel like I must see it before I buy it.

2) Naneu K4L is currently #2 on my list

3) Naneu U220n is currently #3 on my list, but I really love the roller feature. I’m getting older and that is something that is pretty attractive to me. I just don’t believe it will hold what they say it will hold.

4) Crumpler C List Celebrity (L) – down side is an empty weight of 9.7 pounds and I think it is ugly.

5) The Lowepro Pro Roller X200 – downside is that it looks like a suitcase. The upside is that the back back pulls out. I have a bad feeling that when flying on a small plane they would force me to gate check it and it would get smashed.

Curt

Good luck Dave with finding the right camera/laptop bag. I am sure any one of your choices will serve you well.
I am hopping for a Lowpro Slingshot 302 AW for father's day (keeping my fingers crossed...lol).

Patrick M

Good luck!
My wife despairs my humongous collection of camera bags :)
I've got everything. But now I consistently use a Lowepro Fast 250 when travelling and for more general lightweight carrying, I use a Manfroto Agile 1
Both are well padded backpacks that can be slid around the body to offer fast access to the camera. The
Lowepro is larger, and takes my iPad - used to take my laptop, but technology moves on. Both bags take my D5100 fitted with the 18-135mm and room for 3 mores lenses and my Sb400 flash. Both have room for more camera gear. The Lowepro has a large pouch for sunglasses etc ... Usual travelling paraphernalia...while tha Manfroto's spares area is rather small, but it comes with a couple of straps to affix my tripod, which I find useful.
There probably isn't a bag out there thats 100% perfect for fuss pots like me ( moi?) but these two work, with the Lowpro just having the edge as it's a tad larger.

Sorry I'm a little late...but hoping you find this useful.

Tilt Meadow, Cobham, Surrey KT11 3, UK
staticmap

Dave Hamilton

Okay, here's something you don't hear often. I called the Houston Camera Exchange today (the closest Naneu Dealer to me) and I wanted to order a K4 bag. I had decided that either configuration of the K4 would be fine. The salesman who answered the phone suggested that I not buy any bag from Naneu because of a lack of quality in workmanship. He said that they had more Naneu returns than any other brand, and he suggested that I buy either Lowepro or Think Tank. I don't know what to think. I did all the research and my final decision as to what I should buy was just shot down by the guy who could have made money off that very sale!

Carolina Photo Guy

This does not make sense. I Googled Naneu K4 quality control and got...
NOTHING.
Not a single question about the quality of the bag.
I wonder if the guy you talked to had a boner against Naneu?
You may want to look at this a little closer.

JMHO

Pete

Curt

Well Think Tank is a very nice bag but($$$$). I still say go with the Lowepro :).
I have a couple small cases (which BTW will connect to your slingshot) and they are very nicely made.
As I said, I am going for the Slingshot 302 AW. Right now I have an over the shoulder Ape bag. It's nice, but I have out grown it. I think going to a backpack style is the way to go when you are running around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Hamilton

Pete, I've been thinking the same thing all afternoon. This is killing me. The main thing I love about the K4L is that it holds 2 laptops. My daughter loves to bring her own computer packed in my bag (yes, I spoil my kid!!!). The K4L is exactly the perfect bag for me!

Carolina Photo Guy

If you like the K4L, then get the K4L and to heck with what the guy says.

If you have a problem, then deal with it then. Don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

JMHO

Pete

Curt

Right now I have my D7000 w/grip, 70-300mm, 18-135mm,28-105mm, 55mm, 50mm, SB800, SB600, Canon G10, chargers, filters, etc. still have a little room.