I highly recommend reading "Secrets of the Nikon Focusing System

Dawg Pics

I've been a photographer for a long, long time, and I greatly respect Steve and continue to learn new things from him. Part of what I like is that he suggests things about various settings in the camera that I tend to set and forget. Sometimes little changes in settings can make a significant difference.

Will the book make you a better photographer? I think any time you increase your knowledge base it helps to make you a better photographer. And, this book is pretty inexpensive compared to a lot of others.

I would check out his YouTube videos if you haven't, and this will give you a very good idea of the type of advice he gives, and shows his teaching style.

Agreed. It is a bargain for the the knowledge he doesn't mind sharing, and I purchased it hoping to improve my skills. He explains things that just aren't in the manuals. I think if you follow his advice, you can learn to track subjects better and learn how to change the camera to suit your different needs.

I have issues with focusing as well. Tracking subjects is one of the things I would like to do better.