I have GOT to get a bigger camera

wildshots

C 130 1 - 1000.jpg

Clovishound

I flew as a loadmaster on C-141 aircraft for almost 2 decades. The C-130s were considered our "little" brothers, and the C-5s as our big brothers. I never got a chance to fly on a C-130, but I deheaded on a C-5 once. That's one big aircraft. If this shot were of a C-5 you would definitely need a wider angle lens.

I don't see any EXIF data, out of curiosity, what camera and lens did you use for this shot?

wildshots

@Clovishound Sorry about the EXIF, I do need to put that up I guess. These C 130s pass over almost every Tuesday, weather permitting. Usually two sometimes three.

Happened to be out with a camera. Nikon D500, 18-300 DX zoom lens. AP, auto ISO, F11. Heard, then saw it coming. I did back off the zoom to 280m still wasn't enough. Shot is not cropped. I got better shots of the second one. :)

wildshots

wildshots

@Marilynne I do have Chrome, Firefox, Edge and have used Safari, Tophat, Opera and others. I prefer duck duck go for its privacy qualities.

I edit with Irfanview. It does give access to EXIF data but it is extensive. I have, since registering here, installed NX Studio. It may have a better suited EXIF data section. I have not learned to use NX Studio very well yet. It seems much less user friendly than Irfanview.

Yet again, thank you so much for your help and patience.

Sam

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@Marilynne I do have Chrome, Firefox, Edge and have used Safari, Tophat, Opera and others. I prefer duck duck go for its privacy qualities.

I edit with Irfanview. It does give access to EXIF data but it is extensive. I have, since registering here, installed NX Studio. It may have a better suited EXIF data section. I have not learned to use NX Studio very well yet. It seems much less user friendly than Irfanview.

Yet again, thank you so much for your help and patience.

Sam
I don't use Chrome, but in order to get the extension put on MS Edge, I had to. That's the only time I used it.

Clovishound

Don't be confused by being able to read the EXIF data in the post, and the EXIF data not being included in the image file. When I export an image using Lightroom, there is an option for including all metadata or including copyright data only(which strips out the metadata). I have had to remove the metadata from some images in order to post them on another forum I'm active on. If I forget to toggle back to including the data, then I get folks here on the forum telling me my EXIF data isn't showing anymore on the images I've posted lately. If you upload an image to, say, Facebook, their software strips the metadata from the file, and reading it isn't an option when posted, or shared.

If the poster doesn't have an EXIF reader add-on loaded on their browser, they will not be able to see the data, even if the data is there. Others on the forum will be able to see that data if they have the proper add-on.

I think the issue here is that the OP is having the metadata removed somewhere along the way, either by the editing software, or if he is posting it to a hosting site, and they are stripping that data. If it is the former, there may be an option in the editing software to retain that data. If it's the latter, then all that needs to be done is to upload the files directly from his computer.