How do you process RAW images?

Horoscope Fish

On a related note, what workflow do y'all use for downsampling your images for posting to the web? Reason for asking is that I tried directly uploading a couple of my post-processed images from the Photos App to Facebook, which results in Facebook doing the downsampling, and I wasn't too happy with the results. I got better results downsampling the image using the Export feature in the Photos app (Maximum Quality, Large Size).
More reading homework for you: How to Properly Resize Images for Facebook.

Yes, it IS more than you need but the entire article is worth reading if you post shots online and care about how they look.

gustafson

Great article, thanks for the link!

Purportedly FB now allows uploading pics in "High Quality" at 2048 pixels wide. Haven't tested that feature but will give it a try and report back here.

Also, I have my camera set to Adobe RGB, but this article seems to make a case for using sRGB as its more universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

Great article, thanks for the link!
You're welcome.

Also, I have my camera set to Adobe RGB, but this article seems to make a case for using sRGB as its more universal.
I've had this struggle myself and for a long time I too shot in aRGB. At some point, though, I got on board with sRGB and that's where I'm at now. It's complicated because some browsers are better at respecting embedded color profiles than others. I really have no advice for you on this point. I'll tell you I use sRGB but only because I got tired of shooting in one space and having to convert for online posting.

For more info Google something like "color managed web browser" or read this Color Management Guide for a start.

aroy

I use the down sampling facility of NX-D. When you convert from NEF to JPG or TIFF, NXD (or for that matter most software) ask for the output size. I use 1000 pixels on the long side option, that takes care of the requirements of all the sites I post to.

Microsoft Picture Editor and IrfanView also have the facility.