How do you import raw and jpg files separately into Mac?

Fred Kingston

If you're seeing data/file naming differences between Dropbox and your Mac, then Dropbox, for whatever reason is changing it. Lose dropbox...

Dawg Pics

You can change the file names once they are imported, and you can change multiple files at the same time in a batch, but I don't know that there is a way to automatically do this. Maybe there is, but I don't know about it.

blackstar

@Fred I beg difference. I think all cloud services do the same thing including iCloud (changing name by exif data). And even Photos app would import your photo files with the same y-d-t name. But I'll lose DB for other reason.

@Dawg But you have no way to know the y-d-t unless looking into exif data that is a tedious way to change all file names. As my previous post mentioned, exifrenamer app is the one that can do it for you plus automatically move files to your destination folder.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@Fred I beg difference. I think all cloud services do the same thing including iCloud (changing name by exif data). And even Photos app would import your photo files with the same y-d-t name. But I'll lose DB for other reason.

@Dawg But you have no way to know the y-d-t unless looking into exif data that is a tedious way to change all file names. As my previous post mentioned, exifrenamer app is the one that can do it for you plus automatically move files to your destination folder.

Just a heads up that when you hyperlink a user's name, you have to type their names out exactly as they appear on the forum. Otherwise, you might tag the wrong person.
@FredKingston

@Dawg Pics