Hey guys and gals!

wornish

welcome.gif

aroy

Welcome and yes the D3200 is an excellent starter DSLR. Still learning things from it still

Very true, but if I was buying today, I would prefer D3300 - sharper sensor, faster processor, better video, better kit lense. Price difference less than a hundred dollars.

shockwaves

From what I've seen this is the best photo site, going to try get to Cardiff this week to a camera shop to hold a 3300, I think that looks like the best value for money and will Def do everything that I require atm haha! Silly question, but I've never shot raw before, so I've never post processed photos, I'm guessing that there's a thread on here somewhere?

aroy

From what I've seen this is the best photo site, going to try get to Cardiff this week to a camera shop to hold a 3300, I think that looks like the best value for money and will Def do everything that I require atm haha! Silly question, but I've never shot raw before, so I've never post processed photos, I'm guessing that there's a thread on here somewhere?
RAW is easy. Just set the image quality to RAW. If you want redundancy set it to RAW+jpeg. To process

. Download the Nikon RAW software Capture NX-D, and install it.
. Copy your images from the camera to the computer. It is best to keep the images in a separate sub directory, one for each date.
. Start the software and use the file manager to point to the directory the images are in.
. Select combination from View->ViewMode. Now your image is displayed on the top and the thumbnails at the bottom.

Here are screen dump of most of the menus available
Capture-NXD-1.jpg
Capture-NXD-2.jpg

Please read the manual (down load it separately, or use the help)