Hey any Old school film shooters in the house?

Blacktop

Everyone within the sound of my voice should at least develop one roll of B&W film and make some prints and big prints. It'd be like eating chocolate for the first time.

Can't hear what you're saying, I have the sound turned down. :excitement:
I used to be into recording music. Everyone should try and record a band with a 2 inch tape at 30 ips . Sounds better than anything done on Pro Tools. (unless the band sucks, then it's the old adage. Garbage in garbage out)

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyelight

Can't here what you're saying, I have the sound turned down. :excitement:
I used to be into recording music. Everyone should try and record a band with a 2 inch tape at 30 ips . Sounds better then anything done on Pro Tools. (unless the band sucks, then it's the old adage. Garbage in garbage out)

You're saying it ain't the guitar that makes beautiful music?

peterjcb

...just got back into 35mm film after almost 40 years.....it's so good to be back. :)
I forgot how good it feels to actually create a photo with light again instead off megapixels....LOL
While I love digital photography sometimes it is so much more rewarding to slow down and shoot a roll of Tri-X and develop it yourself.
I have an F2 and and F2S...IMO the best 35mm film cameras ever made....love them.

harleridr

Hi
I still use my F5 or an N90 with either an 80-200 f2.8, or 300f4 from time to time. I recently purchased an Argus C3 Match-matic, which was my first 35mm camera.
Harle

analoguey01

Yup!
Have the featherweight Nikon f65, fg20(my fav Nikon), Nikon f100(in need of repair?) and some AIs lenses.
I love the Colour/tonality rendering of those lenses. Smooth operators!

coolbus18

You betcha! N90 S and a F4S.Yes it is wonderful to get back to film again! Shooting from iso 50 t0 3200. No live view. Just the mystery of the art.

LouCioccio

Although I still have my Nikon FM I did pick up this month a Bronica ETRS, 75mm F/2.8 and a 150mm F/3.5. I had some old 120 Film Portra Color and B&W (C41). A friend of mine who retired gave me some of his stash but I kept it refrigerated. So I shot some the other day. The flower shot is with a Yellow filter and the others no filter. I ended up sending the film out to a lab on the west coast and sent them 3 rolls. No light leaks from the 3 backs! I was going use the Sekonic 358 but decided to use the old L86 I got at the PX at Camp McDermott in 1967. So the meter readings are from that but I should have a note book to right down the EXIF's! I did run them through CS5 PS and used Macphun noise plug in. These were 400 ISO and mid day when I took them!
Lou Cioccio
PS Camp McDermott ? PX I did have a Topcon UNI and a Yashica 635 and learned how to use a light meter (the box of Kodak had one inside the package!)
1071329871.jpg1071329800.jpg1071329821.jpg1071329844.jpg

kevy73

I still have a couple of old film camera's...

I have a Nikon F501 somewhere around and my trusty old MF Mamiya RB67

LouCioccio

I used a Nikon (Vivitar compatible flash) with a Bronica ETRS and got something I had not seen film days which was Ghosting! Here are two images. We had set up a "photo booth" to post on face book and my niece was running that station. I went around shooting both D7K and Bronica ETRS. The one thing I noticed on the Bronica I sometimes moved the shutter wheel.
The film was ISO 400 and originally set the shutter to 1/500 or 1/250 I did knocked it accidentally to 1/125 and think that was the ghosting. I had it on three different frames either in B&W or Color of the two rolls that I shot. Comments are welcome. Right now I dug out my Metz 402 and open the batteries one had Nicad salts and may have been the oldest but the other two had slight "rust" so I put them on charger. I haven't used these since 2005. SO I don't know if the capacitors are even good.

Here are the images; on the second look at the white collar of the middle person you can see the ghosting the second image the first is fine. Just an update the Vivitar Nikon compatible flash exhibits the second flash at 1/250 and 1/125 but the Genesis Nikon compatible does not. I was using the Vivitar one on the Bronica. So it may be the flash as I will see when I get this roll processed.

Lou Cioccio
1073262542.jpg1073262579.jpg

Last edited:

Retro

I'm enjoying my FE2, and looking forward to getting my F100 in the mail in the next week or two from Japan. I've been using Fuji Superia film, but I want to buy some Velvia 50 because so many 'togs are talking about it. It looks like it's only available in iso 50 and 100, so I guess I'd be using all that film outdoors, which is fine.

Once I get the F100 it would be nice to get either a wide angle lens or a telephoto to add to my 50 and 55, and I could spend a few hours at a park in Windsor to enjoy some shooting.

carguy

I'm enjoying my FE2, and looking forward to getting my F100 in the mail in the next week or two from Japan. I've been using Fuji Superia film, but I want to buy some Velvia 50 because so many 'togs are talking about it. It looks like it's only available in iso 50 and 100, so I guess I'd be using all that film outdoors, which is fine.

Once I get the F100 it would be nice to get either a wide angle lens or a telephoto to add to my 50 and 55, and I could spend a few hours at a park in Windsor to enjoy some shooting.
Sounds good, keep us posted.
Just finished my first roll through my FE2 this week. Looking forward to the results.