Help with Light Level and 55-200mm lens

Berkerk

Ummm...save your money and don't buy the 40mm. Not worth it. It doesn't have the best reviews out there. You have the 50....stickwith that. You'll be much happier. :)

Um Jack, I think she's talking about the Nikkor 40mm Micro Dx that's not released yet (it's to be released later this month), are you referring to the same? If so could you post a link to the review, as all I'm able to find are announcements of the lens and no actual product reviews.

Daisy Kenyon

Um Jack, I think she's talking about the Nikkor 40mm Micro Dx that's not released yet (it's to be released later this month), are you referring to the same? If so could you post a link to the review, as all I'm able to find are announcements of the lens and no actual product reviews.
Yes, I am talking about that soon -to- be released lens. I would love any reviews also!:cool:

Daisy Kenyon

Why she stopped you, I have no idea! You certainly can take a vertical shot with the flash on. She obviously doesn't know what she's talking about.

And thank you for the kind compliment. :) I'm still blushing. :)

Whew! thanks. idk what was up with that either but I was using their expensive lens and flash and I wasn't going to ask!

Bukitimah

Hi, I have a similar question and was hopeful to get some answers. Most replies are related to another lens, the 50 mm f1.8.
Back to the original question. I am using a AFS 70-300 mm VR lens. I find that even if i set higher iso, open the aperture, the photo is noisy. If I use aperture priority, I cannot increase speed so need to switch to manual setting.