Hello from IA

stmv

I have not own a 600/5200 sensor,, but right now my ranking goes

D800 -> D700 -> D7000(5200) -> D300/d90/5000 in results out of the camera

Can't argue,, the D700/D3 family sensor is still great....

choices choices for you....

oh wait,,,, its all in the lens.....

oh wait... its all in the photographer

oh,, well maybe a bit in the lens too, and bit in the camera.. but primarily in the Photographer...

CyHawk

Burn this into your brain.....Happy Wife...Happy Life. :) Get the D90.

I'm actually leaning towards that. But if best buy has that sale again, D5100 w/18-105 lens again, or was it the 18-200?, I might have to go that route. I've held both the 5100 and 7k, I like how the 7k is a bit bigger and heavier. I assume the D90 is similar.

stmv

I'm actually leaning towards that. But if best buy has that sale again, D5100 w/18-105 lens again, or was it the 18-200?, I might have to go that route. I've held both the 5100 and 7k, I like how the 7k is a bit bigger and heavier. I assume the D90 is similar.

it was with the 18x200,, and I would bet that price combo will never be seen again...(still grinning from that deal).

ryanwphotography

I have not own a 600/5200 sensor,, but right now my ranking goes

D800 -> D700 -> D7000(5200) -> D300/d90/5000 in results out of the camera

Can't argue,, the D700/D3 family sensor is still great....

choices choices for you....

oh wait,,,, its all in the lens.....

oh wait... its all in the photographer

oh,, well maybe a bit in the lens too, and bit in the camera.. but primarily in the Photographer...

All these things you mentioned come together to make great images. If we're just talking lenses then were gonna recommend pro quality, if we're talking cameras well were also gonna recommend a good one. When we say it's the photographer, that means you could pick up almost any camera (with controls)and still make a great image. With exceptions of course.

Kias

Definitely get the D3x with the AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR AF Lens!

I love this thread!

So... Goin' for the D90?

Can't go wrong with that decision, or any other choice actually.

They're all good cameras and are all capable of some really good shots!