Hardware upgrade

Or maybe this is a good time to upgrade to windows 10, while it is still free. And if you have a windows 8 key you don't have to do an update, you can download the full ISO from Microsoft and do a clean install.

canuck257

Or maybe this is a good time to upgrade to windows 10, while it is still free. And if you have a windows 8 key you don't have to do an update, you can download the full ISO from Microsoft and do a clean install.

I do have a Windows 8 key so I can download the full ISO. I think this is a darned good idea though I confess to being a little nervous about learning yet another OS. My computer has multiple SATA hard drives with the non OS drives used for programs and storage and I have got it tuned just the way I like it. I know that's a bit dog in the manger but at my age change comes hard.

As far as pricing goes, Canada is always more expensive than the US. I suspect largely because there is a much more limited supply base and competition is lacking. Amazon.ca is usually the cheapest. Another negative factor is the poor exchange rate with the Loonie worth around 75c US. Many of the wholesalers here source through the larger distributors in the US so that affects the wholesale pricing.

We are a country of around 34 million compared to the US population of 300 + million so the customer base is much smaller, but we are good neighbors right?

It's up to you. I like 10... wasn't all that different than 7 other than settings have changed a bit, and it's a lot more attractive.

Never really used 8, but imagine it looks much closer to 8 than 7.