Handheld landscape.

Horoscope Fish

So, here's the deal. I initially edit in Camera Raw. Get it to look the way I think it should then open it to PS. Once in photoshop I assign it ICC profiles from Costco supplied by DryCreekPhotos. Once that profile is assigned the contrast and vibrance of all the work I have done in Camera Raw goes away. So now I have to do some re-editing before sending to the printer. Once finished I save as JPEG embed color profile - 12 Quality maximum. progressive scan.

I think I'm getting into trouble when re-editing once in PS.
Is there a better option to edit in Camera Raw that will save when assigning the ICC profile??
Well my first question would be... Have you calibrated your monitor? If not, get yourself a DataColor Spyder and get calibrated.
Second... Have you turned off Costco's "AutoCorrect" feature? If not here are directions for How to do That. Permanently.

I've sent a lot of photos to Costco for printing over the years and once I permanently turned off AutoCorrect, and started using a properly calibrated monitor, my prints looked great with no special ICC profile required. This will also greatly simplify your workflow.

TDubbs

A35.jpga36.jpg

Better? Learned a little more about RAW and color profile.
SaveSave