GQ's Photo Adventure

gqtuazon

Gear Head
It's time to do one of those event photography thing so that I can buy more stuff. :D

Double Trouble.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Yesterday's football game. It was windy and rainy but I still braved it and took some pictures anyway.

D3s and Nikon 300mm f4 AFS lens.

Seahawks vs hurricanes.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Getting ready for my trip to South Korea. This will be an experiment to see if the light travel kit will be sufficient.
However, I'm still entertaining the idea of bringing my D3s and Nikon 24-85mm VR just in-case.

Coolpix A.jpg

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nice photo.

PS "some images" means more than one ;)

I was going to post some castle stuff but my family was in the picture so I skipped it. :(

Hey @gqtuazon how did your point and shoot go? I am keen to maybe get one of the same.

Scott - the Coolpix A did a very nice job for a pocket type camera. The only draw back for PC users and Adobe CS5 is that there is no NEF support available. There is a support for Apple users though. My work around is that I convert the NEF files to DNG in order to use CS5.

Control wise - it's like having a pocket size D7000 and you don't need to worry about the number of shutter actuations. I would suggest matching it with the Nikon SB 300/ SB 400 for a more compact set-up. :D

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/999547-USA/nikon_sb_300_af_speedlight.html

_DSC0399 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Yokohama 079 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

_DSC0637 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Yokohama 064 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Yokohama 007 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Last edited: