Got some dust on me sensor.

eurotrash

Senior Member
So it's finally happened. I blame that nasty pollen junk. Now I have to clean my sensor for the very first time:chargrined:
It was REALLY bad before, at least 20 spots on it. I blew it with my mouth (don't get the wrong idea, there slim..) and most of the spots dislodged, but there's still some stubborn ones on it.
​
 

WhiteLight

Senior Member
Thanks for posting..
i think i have some spots on my D5100..
and i too need to clean it for the first time..
will follow this thread to see some tips & direction :)
 

eurotrash

Senior Member
I used a rocket air to blow out the particulate matter on the mirror and sensor. It removed most problematic dust specks, but I do need to wet clean it soon..
 

BackdoorArts

Senior Member
If it's pollen then it's going to be sticky, so wet cleanings at some point during spring are a fact of life.

And as Dave said, keep your mouth away from that sensor. Dry air is what you want, and that's not what you've got.
 
Top