Good Ol' D500

Woodyg3

Contributor
I can't really afford a Z8, but it doesn't bother me too much. My trusty D500s (I have 2 bodies) do a great job for me. Today, an Avocet was nearby and looked like he was going to continue to walk along the shore while dipping his beak for all the good stuff to eat Iin the water. Without warning he took off, and I raised my camera as fast as I could and fired off four or five shots. I thought there was absolutely no way the camera and lens had time to focus and so I assumed they would be throw-aways. Much to my surprise, the D500 coupled with the 500 f/5.6 PF can perform miracles at times, and I got this shot. :)

AvocetFlight-35.jpg

blackstar

I think the wonderful image can only be captured with D500+500mmPF by the hands of a few people like you. Certainly not mine, I may not even be able to by Z8+Z600PF.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I think the wonderful image can only be captured with D500+500mmPF by the hands of a few people like you. Certainly not mine, I may not even be able to by Z8+Z600PF.
Keep going out and shooting, you'll get the shots you want with time, practice, and patience. :)