Gear Cart?

BF Hammer

And in the rolling jobsite storage category, I found this stacking Stanley hard-shell boxes.

https://www.amazon.com/Destinie-Sta.../B07PVGDSBH/ref=sr_1_41?dchild=1&keywords=job

41khOk79vZL._AC_.jpg 51pEKkJlCqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just searching for "outdoor cart" on the big A site, I see mostly these folding pull-behind wagons...
https://www.amazon.com/HEMBOR-Colla...utdoor+photo+gear+cart&qid=1613268425&sr=8-19

Then I see a couple of these stand-up beach-hauler carts. Holds an umbrella, several folding chairs, and has a baggage area in a form sort of like the granny shopping carts. But the wheels are large for terrain.

View attachment 352289
View attachment 352290

https://www.amazon.com/BeachMall-Wo...utdoor+photo+gear+cart&qid=1613268207&sr=8-21

This looks like a winner @Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

Well, I finally purchased a used foldable jogging stroller, made by B.O.B. I think, and it has 10-inch wheels. I'm going to use it as it is around here before I make any modifications to it. It was marked down from $180 to $100, so I went ahead and purchased it.

Wouldn't you know it, though; this evening when I was out on my bicycle I went by a pile of "junk" in front of someone's house and there was a stroller designed to carry/hold a baby carseat. While the wheels aren't as good as the jogger, I got home and took my wife's van out and snagged it from the pile. This one has a cloth basket which will hold a camera case, a camp chair, and my tripod without modifications. Although the wheels are smaller, I believe it will work well on boardwalk and improved trails. I'll get some photos when I get out to use them.

Now I just have to rig a place to hang them in the garage!

WM

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I finally purchased a used foldable jogging stroller, made by B.O.B. I think, and it has 10-inch wheels. I'm going to use it as it is around here before I make any modifications to it. It was marked down from $180 to $100, so I went ahead and purchased it.

Wouldn't you know it, though; this evening when I was out on my bicycle I went by a pile of "junk" in front of someone's house and there was a stroller designed to carry/hold a baby carseat. While the wheels aren't as good as the jogger, I got home and took my wife's van out and snagged it from the pile. This one has a cloth basket which will hold a camera case, a camp chair, and my tripod without modifications. Although the wheels are smaller, I believe it will work well on boardwalk and improved trails. I'll get some photos when I get out to use them.

Now I just have to rig a place to hang them in the garage!

WM

Can you change out the wheels Wayne? Are you going to return the other one?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Can you change out the wheels Wayne?

When one of the wheels on my hand truck broke (had plastic rims), I was told to look online at Harbor Freight. I wound up finding much better wheels with metal rims. Their customer service was excellent and extremely accommodating which helped me find the best replacement wheels.

Whiskeyman

Can you change out the wheels Wayne? Are you going to return the other one?

When one of the wheels on my hand truck broke (had plastic rims), I was told to look online at Harbor Freight. I wound up finding much better wheels with metal rims. Their customer service was excellent and extremely accommodating which helped me find the best replacement wheels.

I can't return the other one, even if I wanted to, since it was purchsed as a consignment at a local shop. I actually want to keep it to work with it for trails such as C-B-B.

Harbor Freight? I hadn't thought of looking there for replacement wheels; that's a great idea, Marilynne! I'll look into whether I can replace the current wheels if I decide I want to or need to. Thanks for the tip.

Wayne

Chucktin

At 75 I appreciate this discussion thread!
My history includes lugging around a Bronica 6x6 with lens and gear, ouch! Gave that up long ago. But a D850 is a heavy mother now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Chucktin

The secret sauce will be the wheels. Only one of the suggested carts has wheels I think would work on a Florida marl road.

Where's the Gyro Gearloose DMFSUP (Drone Mini Flying Saucer Utility Platform) when I want one!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk