FREE!!! 18-55mm Kit Lense

RookieDSLR

It's Jeff's so message me and I will send it to you this week. Sorry for all the chaos this has caused just wanted to be nice and give away something that is just sitting in my bag not being used. I already have upgraded to my other lens so I don't need this one. Jeff I will send it to you and then it is your choice to do what you will with it. I am glad it is going to someone that will get good use out of it. Thanks everyone for chimimng in but it is now officially not mine. Thanks again.

Jeremy V.

Carolina Photo Guy

It's Jeff's so message me and I will send it to you this week. Sorry for all the chaos this has caused just wanted to be nice and give away something that is just sitting in my bag not being used. I already have upgraded to my other lens so I don't need this one. Jeff I will send it to you and then it is your choice to do what you will with it. I am glad it is going to someone that will get good use out of it. Thanks everyone for chimimng in but it is now officially not mine. Thanks again.

Jeremy V.

Jeremy, ya done good Bubba! :)

slowpoke

After reading all the posts carefully,I believe Jeff,is the winner here.First to reply was the agreement.As we are all trying to be honest,
nice and helpful to one another,we got alittle off the track.Jeremy,your the Man,Jeff you get the lens and I feel better now.;) They don't call me slowpoke for nothin.Lol.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
I quit thinking about it and went out and made some snaps MF style these on the long end 18-55 through the woods to Grandma's house sounds fun. Thanks I can't wait to get it. :)

RookieDSLR

It's been shipped, insured, bubble wrapped and should be to your door by the end of the week. Enjoy, and it is mandatory that you post some shots on this thread to see how ya like it lol.

Thanks
Jeremy V.

Eye-level

Banned
Thanks again Jeremy. The lens arrived in perfect order. I'll get to using it soon and when I have the results I'll post them as soon as I get my computer running again.

As some of you know up until now I have used strictly old MF lenses and as such I have to do everything...set speed set aperture and focus manually. I have gotten somewhat proficient at it but I still miss a lot of them. This new lens is going to be quite a bit different then what I am used too. I guess now I am going to learn P A S and whatever else there is on the D5000. :)

Jeremy you are the man I am going to try to reciprocate something back your way I'll just have to figure out what to send...I have a few ideas. And to everyone else look foward to the near future when I am done with this lens I will pass it on to someone else here on the forum.

Mr.Smith

Awesome,

Just read this entire thing, I know I aint been here long but wow what a community. You really dont see things like this on many other forums. I for one hope to become a BIG part of this. Even though im on the other side of the pond.

Awesome folks just awesome

bgatty68

I am the same as Mr.Smith, I can't believe that somebody has done such a nice deed for a fellow member and even though i am on the other side of the pond I hope that one day in the future I can do the same.
Faith in human nature has been restored by Jeremy

Eye-level

Banned
My apologies folks for not shooting much here lately. I have put the 18-55 on and daudled with it when I first got it but that is the only time I have even touched a camera in the past few weeks. I know it is a good one because I have used one on a D40 before. I am self-employed in an ailing economy within an ailing industry with a wife and two children...sometimes the hobbies have to be put aside.

Probably a better question Pete would be if I will be converted to zooms. :)

I have a foot firmly planted in each of the camps. I'll never give up digital and I'll never give up the F2. I have a 105 period correct for it and I wish to have a 85/1.8 period correct for it and then either a 24 or a 28 also period correct...probably the 24. I like it that I can use these lenses on my digital body too albeit MF only and no meter (everyone should learn how to meter with their head and eyes!)

I want to shoot portraits of people!

Now I really would like to go FX digital but that is not an option for me presently because of the economics of it. Lately I have been swooning over the old ass Fuji S5 Pro F mount wonder of a camera. It has more dynamic range than my D5000 (and a lot of other Nikon and Canon cameras). It is based on a pro level Nikon body and it has a built in auto focus motor. I do not care about MP...it has enough good MP to do what I want to do. Only problem here is I have to have Ai or newer stuff. This camera is definitely in the cards after Christmas. Then I have to decide what I should do lens wise. I am thinking a fast 85 AF and I don't have to have a lens motor for the Fuji!

When and if I go this way most of my stuff will be done digital and AF with the film done MF and maybe even some of the digital.

One thing is for certain though...I will always use manual on whatever body as opposed to aperture or shutter or program...I know how to do it and I like having the control. (everyone should learn the very basic stuff sometime)

Now ask me about zooms and I really can't get excited about them.

Ask me about the Sigma 50mm prime and I will get excited about something like that!

Last edited:

Michigan Adam

Got any other lenses that you are looking to give away??? Nikon 35mm 1.8G for instance? I know a guy from Michigan that would be interested. Just kidding...unless you do... In all seriousness I think that you should just give the 18-55 to Jeff.

Eye-level

Banned
I have the 18-55 but I have really sort of neglected it! I loaned it to a chick I know who has a D80 but no lenses.

Haven't taken a single snap in over a month now with any camera.

I'm still debating with myself if I am going to spring for different gear or whatever.

Man I really wish my F2 was digital.

Last edited:

jambo

i also have D80. also have nikkor 28-100mm , but it almost dead :|
i'll also glad to get free lens , if it's avaliable :)