For all the warm welcomes a little pay it forward....

Billy D

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but...
Well for all the nice comments I received on my switching to Nikon, figured I would give everyone a heads up on a deal I found at a local (1 hour drive) Best Buy store. Well yesterday I stopped in a Best Buy in Missouri just to check for bargains on some faster SD cards for my new D7100. I asked a sales geek if they had any Sandisk Extreme Plus 32gb SD cards which are one step down from the Extreme Pro cards and rated at 80mb/s read and 60mb/s write 533x. She said I think we have them in the back and they were regularly 98 bucks but were on sale for 39.99 usd. Amazon was the same price and B&H was 4 cents cheaper. I figured 3 dollars tax on each was still a great deal. Yall might want to check it out if you have a store close. Picked up two. Each came with a free one year subscription of RescuePRO Deluxe software. Might come in handy. And that sale wasn't listed on their website so not sure if its a national thing or not but worth a look if you're in the market for some e-film.
Billy

§am

UHS-1 cards are generally faster rated than Class10 cards anyway, and as long as your hardware supports it (D5100 time and newer) then these cards are always the ones to go for.
Just wish UK prices were the same as across the pond.

TonyD315

I was looking at two 32GB Sandisk Class 10 Extreme SDHC, 45mb/sec on Adorama for $60.95...Or 32GB Extreme SDHC - UHS-1, 80mb/sec at 69.95 for two...I have a $42 credit to Adorama...so I'd prefer to shop there. The Extreme Plus isn't for sale at Adorama. I checked online at Best Buy and the Extreme Plus is not on sale either. It is on sale on Amazon for $39.95 for one...I've been reading up on memory cards and it seems that unless I'm shooting sports or anything that requires burst mode, 80mb is overkill and 45mb/sec should be plenty...But then I look at it as I'd rather have the faster cards and not need them all the time, then need the faster cards and not have them...Really not sure what to do...