Flip down Viewfinder?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
There is a right angle viewer! I bought one myself! It's a DR-6 by Nikon and it will do the trick for ya, if your interested in a eye piece you can take on and off as needed easily! :D

Yep, this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=as2&tag=nikonites-20&linkId=WOOBDUQTZZ63STRK

and the aftermarket one:
Amazon.com : Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Fuji, Olympus and Leica SLR cameras : Camera Lens Diopters : Camera & Photo

I would use DSLR Dashboard and my phone though. Not wireless; I have the usb cable for my phone that allows me to hook it up to the camera.

Bill16

I haven't used mine much yet, but I think it helps to correct for vision issues. I bought mine used without paperwork describing the functions. But I haven't needed the extra magnification the switch offered so far! Lol :)

That's what I'm going to get first. I'll eventually buy a tablet but will start off with the DR-6 first. From what I've read; it has 2 magnification options? What does that do or should say, allow me to do? (besides magnify of course lol)

Akozub

I bought a used d5100 body for $300 just for this purpose. My days of belly crawling are over. It is also very useful when in a crowd to put the camera over my head and view the flip screen tilted down.

john*thomas

images

nononadanope

Hmm, I didn't see your post earlier. How good is the aftermarket one? I ask because there is a pretty good price difference between the two.

Am curious if there's any specific reason you suggest going wired instead of wireless? Thanks for the links by the way.
--
[MENTION=16937]john*thomas[/MENTION] - LOL, that should do the trick ;-)

Bill16

I just looked at the after market version, trying to compare it to my DR-6 Nikon version. It seems to have a metal connection which worries me for the wear factor, and from reading reviews the fit might be an issue. But it might be worth a shot for such a cheap price, though I'm glad I bought the Nikon version regardless of the difference in price, because it seems to me to be reliable and less risky on wear and tear! :)

But other members here that may have tried the after market version that can give a better opinion on it's quality and the likelihood of wear and tear or not! :)

Hmm, I didn't see your post earlier. How good is the aftermarket one? I ask because there is a pretty good price difference between the two.

Am curious if there's any specific reason you suggest going wired instead of wireless? Thanks for the links by the way.
--
[MENTION=16937]john*thomas[/MENTION] - LOL, that should do the trick ;-)

nononadanope

I just looked at the after market version, trying to compare it to my DR-6 Nikon version. It seems to have a metal connection which worries me for the wear factor, and from reading reviews the fit might be an issue. But it might be worth a shot for such a cheap price, though I'm glad I bought the Nikon version regardless of the difference in price, because it seems to me to be reliable and less risky on wear and tear! :)

But other members here that may have tried the after market version that can give a better opinion on it's quality and the likelihood of wear and tear or not! :)

Ah okay; well as they sometimes say, "You get what you pay for". Usually it's best to go with something from the manufacturer. I didn't bother reading the reviews on Amazon. Usually the reviews on their differ from reviews found from other sites by other users. Actually; I don't take reviews that seriously nowadays.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

--
@john*thomas - LOL, that should do the trick ;-)

Honestly, I don't know. I don't have it. It seems like it has pretty good review though.

Wired for cost and speed. I'm sure wireless would work fine if I could use one of the nikon dongles.

nononadanope

Honestly, I don't know. I don't have it. It seems like it has pretty good review though.

Wired for cost and speed. I'm sure wireless would work fine if I could use one of the nikon dongles.

Okay, no problem. As for the wired vs wireless; the wired would give more speed being that it's a direct connection.