Fish photos?

Roy1961

Contributor
I have my work fish tank all cleaned and I put in sand this time instead of gravel, no fish yet as I am going on vacation until the end of the month, just have a few snails making tracks thru the sand.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh no Mr. Bill!!!!
dsc_6240_001_158387.jpg

Fortkentdad

DSC_0697_DxO.jpg

Lighting in a fish tank can be fun. I was experimenting here shooting a speedlight into the end of the tank and shooting on the face of the tank. I found that you really need to go to OCF (off camera flash) and light it from the end (or the top sometimes) but never straight on - it just bounces back at you. If Shot on a D610 with a Sigma Art 50mm 1.4, at 2.8 using HSS at 1/4000.

I have been into fish on and off for decades now - have done the African's and they are among my favourites. The fish here are our pond fish over wintering in a tank in the house.

Fortkentdad

Shooting fish is a barrel - not quite but close - shot in my aquarium. A pair of flashes set up at the end of the tank firing lengthways through the tank.

DSC_0686+pond fish in aquarium-0032.jpgDSC_0757+pond fish in aquarium-0014.jpgDSC_0783+pond fish in aquarium-0005.jpgDSC_0800+pond fish in aquarium-0003.jpg

Fortkentdad

Some Fisheye Fish Shots (not all were fisheye)

Was looking for something to test out my new AD200 Godox flash.

DSC_3625+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0022.jpgDSC_3635+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0020.jpgDSC_3641+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0016.jpgDSC_3656+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0015.jpgDSC_3481+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0032.jpgDSC_3509+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0030.jpgDSC_3526+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0028.jpgDSC_3624+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0023.jpg

This one is not a fisheye but shot from above just for fun
DSC_3722+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0003.jpg

This is my lighting set up for these shots
DSC_3663+SM Fishtank GODOX AD200 First Use -0012.jpg

STM

This photo of a beautiful 7 foot female sand shark was taken several years ago with my Nikonos V, 35mm f/2.8 UW Nikkor and High Speed Ektachrome off the coast of Pensacola, FL. She was actually quite curious and non-threatening. Most people freak at the thought of being in the water with sharks, I love it! They are amazing creatures and as long as you don't do anything stupid your chances of being bitten are less than being struck by lightning. I have been diving for 40 years with countless species of sharks, including tigers and bulls and have yet to be threatened by one. I am not really sure what cause the would on the left side of her snout, she might have gotten hooked.

sand shark.jpg

Last edited:

blackstar

@Marilynne Appreciate if you could transfer or move my posts in this thread to a "Fish photos" thread under General Photography. Just because this thread is under "D3200" of "Nikon DSLR cameras". Seems to be not the place my posts should go. Thanks

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@Marilynne Appreciate if you could transfer or move my posts in this thread to a "Fish photos" thread under General Photography. Just because this thread is under "D3200" of "Nikon DSLR cameras". Seems to be not the place my posts should go. Thanks

I can move them if you wish. I don't own a D3200 and post my shots here. Let me know if you still want me to move them.

blackstar

Thanks, Marilynne. I don't own a D3200 either. And I don't see there is a "Fish photos" thread under General Photography. Or I miss somewhere. So maybe you can create one wherever deem appropriate and move my posts there. Appreciate.