First Portrait Attempts

RocketCowboy

Charlie, nice first attempt at portraiture. Good job.

Here's a suggestion....take it as you will. :) Get yourself a couple of YN560 III's or IV's and a YN560-TX controller/trigger. This combo is awesome in adjusting flash output on the fly, right from your camera!

View attachment 150672
Here's an idea for your next attempt. Just a thought. :)

View attachment 150673

If you're on Facebook at all, there's a guy named Mark Jesse you could learn from. He's amazing at explaining how to use your flash and ambient light. He's in this Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/speedlightfundamentals/
For ordering Yongnuo gear, look up a guy named Tim Payne on Facebook also. You can order directly from him. He also has videos on how to set them up and use them. He's also in the same Group.

Hope all this helps you out, bud. :)
@fotojack ... this might be better suited for a separate thread in the Flash section, but since it pertains to these portraits I'll start it here and we can separate later if needed.

For a flash setup, I currently have two Yongnuo 568EXs, as well as a pair of Photix Strato TTL triggers (two receivers and a transmitter) and a starter Strato II kit (receiver and transmitter). My understanding is that the YN-560-TX is more like the Photix Odin controller for being able to control remove lights directly from the camera. Does that sound right?

So far, I've just had most of the flash setups using TTL from the camera, but my plan was to start integrating the radio triggers so that I could use other modifiers where the receiver(s) might not have LOS with the camera to trigger. Either way, sounds like a 3rd remote light is helpful, so I need to figure out the best way to expand what I've got to get me there.

I took your suggestion and did join the Facebook group. Tim has already approved my group join request, so the learning continues. :)

Krs_2007

@fotojack ... this might be better suited for a separate thread in the Flash section, but since it pertains to these portraits I'll start it here and we can separate later if needed.

For a flash setup, I currently have two Yongnuo 568EXs, as well as a pair of Photix Strato TTL triggers (two receivers and a transmitter) and a starter Strato II kit (receiver and transmitter). My understanding is that the YN-560-TX is more like the Photix Odin controller for being able to control remove lights directly from the camera. Does that sound right?

So far, I've just had most of the flash setups using TTL from the camera, but my plan was to start integrating the radio triggers so that I could use other modifiers where the receiver(s) might not have LOS with the camera to trigger. Either way, sounds like a 3rd remote light is helpful, so I need to figure out the best way to expand what I've got to get me there.

I took your suggestion and did join the Facebook group. Tim has already approved my group join request, so the learning continues. :)

Following and learning Charlie, Also thanks for the Facebook group @fotojack ( Jack ), I didnt even catch that in the first post but I have requested to join as well.