Finally Sold My Nikon 1 Gear

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Bittersweet day. Over the last 11 years I‘ve owned a V1, V2, V3, J4 and a J5 which ultimately led to the creation of the first Mirrorless section on Nikonites. Loved this system and still believe Nikon missed a heck of an opportunity with it.

IMG_5704.jpeg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Laurie carrying her massive gear at the Circle B Bar Reserve Meet and Greet in 2017 (RIP Don). Check out her Nikon 1 J5 with a 1 Nikkor 70-300mm fully extended to 810mm equivalent.

IMG_1352.jpeg

Needa

Challenge Team
It does - for the first time since 2005 or 2006.
Remember is is OK to ask for professional help. :) Seriously what precipitated this? There are times I think about get rid all my gear but then what would I waste my time doing?

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

So I take it Eduard you no longer have any Nikon Camera gear and you are only using a Fuji X-TS, is that right? What equipment do you use for the Fuji? Is Laurie still carrying her massive Nikon gear? Best of luck and gear for yourself and your wife.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Remember is is OK to ask for professional help. :) Seriously what precipitated this? There are time I think about get rid all my gear but then what would I waste my time doing?

I didn’t sell all of my gear. o_O I’d rather lose a limb. I was selling a Fuji lens and realized I hadn’t shot the Nikon 1 in at least 18 months. I couldn’t see a time when I might so…. I’m thinking the sale is going to result in a sweet Fuji macro lens.

I was an early convert to mirrorless as some of the old threads here show. I had to convince jdeg to create a Mirrorless section and we then created a forum dedicated to Mirrorless for a few years. I bought a Fuji X-T1 to “try” when I had my D800. The tactile controls, EVF and size/weight sold me and I switched. (The Nikon Z was years away or maybe?)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
So I take it Eduard you no longer have any Nikon Camera gear and you are only using a Fuji X-TS, is that right? What equipment do you use for the Fuji? Is Laurie still carrying her massive Nikon gear? Best of luck and gear for yourself and your wife.
I have a Fuji X-T5, the just released 8mm f/3.5, 10-24 f/4, 16-55 f/2.8 and a 55-200 f/3.5-4.8. It all fits in the awesome and small $40 Case Logic ERA Backpack which will fit in my 28 liter carry on. (See the pic below.)

Laurie is doing most of her shooting with the iPhone 14 Pro. It is a great camera. I just sold the X-T20 she also used. I’m going to replace it with the newly released X-S20 which will double as my backup. She uses the small and light consumer 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 and a 18mm f2 pancake for low light.

1688918812983.jpeg

Bikerbrent

Thank you Eduard. That appears to be a very nice Fuji X-T5 system. I hope to see some photos from your Fuji system as well as Laurie's shooting with the iPhone 14 Pro.