Eyecup on VF or EVF

blackstar

I just got my new Z8 yesterday. After checking all (or most) body parts, I found the eyecup of the EVF seems to block my view a little and cause discomfort. I wear glasses when shooting and did not experience this issue with my other cameras (D3500 and Z6ii). Now I just removed the eyecup from my Z8 and felt better. Wonder if anyone had the same experience with eyecups of their cameras? Can removing eyecup from EVF cause any adverse effects? Love to hear your opinion.

Fred Kingston

I changed mine on my Z7II with one from Amazon for that reason... Folks with eye glasses can find extend eye cups for the Z6,7 cameras that use the DK-29... The Z8, Z9 uses a DK-33... You might find a replacement for the DK-33 by searching around...

blackstar

I changed mine on my Z7II with one from Amazon for that reason... Folks with eye glasses can find extend eye cups for the Z6,7 cameras that use the DK-29... The Z8, Z9 uses a DK-33... You might find a replacement for the DK-33 by searching around...
I found this one: Zemlin
How do these extended eyecups help photographers wearing glasses?

Fred Kingston

I found myself jamming my face into the viewfinder to see, and jamming my nose against the screen, and the oils from my nose smearing the LCD display... the extended eye cup solved that problem...

Peter7100

I just got my new Z8 yesterday. After checking all (or most) body parts, I found the eyecup of the EVF seems to block my view a little and cause discomfort. I wear glasses when shooting and did not experience this issue with my other cameras (D3500 and Z6ii). Now I just removed the eyecup from my Z8 and felt better. Wonder if anyone had the same experience with eyecups of their cameras? Can removing eyecup from EVF cause any adverse effects? Love to hear your opinion.
Congratulations on your new Z8 :) . Happy shooting!