Expand/Collapse info in your posts

Eyelight

Try clicking Save at the bottom of the page. I went there to reenable it, and it was already selecting YES by default, but it was not showing. But clicking Save made it work. Except still get one More box for likes.

I'm old fogy, I liked it better before.

I don't like change except when I like change, in which case I like change unless I don't.

Pretzel

Found the option you mentioned, but had to click "save" for it to take effect, even though it was already selected. Works for me, as I like seeing all the info. Still have to click a button to see the likes given/received, which is different. *shrug* Ahh well... as long as I can like posts and receive likes *shrugs again*

wev

Contributor
After the third try Save worked. Certainly more trouble than it was worth since it did not actually save any space on my screen. Maybe ask before creating a mud pie?

BackdoorArts

Got to admit, I'm not a fan of this change, but at least I can undo.

What I hate are the changes to the notifications. I liked knowing who liked or quoted one of my posts, and didn't really mind when it told me what I quoted. Now it's a complete mish-mosh of garbled stuff that points me to a post but eliminates the specifics within the notification that actually made it such that I could tell what specifically they liked within a 746 post thread without having to go back to it. It looks organized, but it's utterly useless to me.

I also really don't like the new Thank/Like button. It was nice to have it at the bottom of the text of the post. Now I need to go to the bottom of what can be an extremely long signature to click it. That's not liking the post, that's liking the signature, and I don't like that.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

What I hate are the changes to the notifications. I liked knowing who liked or quoted one of my posts, and didn't really mind when it told me what I quoted. Now it's a complete mish-mosh of garbled stuff that points me to a post but eliminates the specifics within the notification that actually made it such that I could tell what specifically they liked within a 746 post thread without having to go back to it. It looks organized, but it's utterly useless to me.

I also really don't like the new Thank/Like button. It was nice to have it at the bottom of the text of the post. Now I need to go to the bottom of what can be an extremely long signature to click it. That's not liking the post, that's liking the signature, and I don't like that.

Jake....at least now I can be reminded that you live West of Hell ! lol

Eyelight

I liked knowing who liked or quoted one of my posts, and didn't really mind when it told me what I quoted. Now it's a complete mish-mosh of garbled stuff that points me to a post but eliminates the specifics within the notification that actually made it such that I could tell what specifically they liked within a 746 post thread without having to go back to it. It looks organized, but it's utterly useless to me.

I figure there is a good reason for changes, but losing the specific of a like/thank is absolutely HUGE.

Pretzel

It also seems to have killed the ability to "like" from the tapatalk app, too. :( It won't show if a post has been "liked" in tapatalk, either.

That's where I do a lot of my catching up at times, so now I'm forcing myself to wait until I can sit down at a real computer with time enough to read. Might be even longer now...

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

I didn't think of that one. I honestly didn't like how if it was just a picture, it would put the URL in there, but I can see how it would be useful and less annoying to have to go back to the thread. I'll look into adding that back in.

How's that?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It also seems to have killed the ability to "like" from the tapatalk app, too. :( It won't show if a post has been "liked" in tapatalk, either.

That's where I do a lot of my catching up at times, so now I'm forcing myself to wait until I can sit down at a real computer with time enough to read. Might be even longer now...

Right, I explained in another thread that there is a bug with Tapatalk. It's supposed to work :shrug:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It doesn't show that it's liked on my laptop either. Is there a "Don't Like" button for the update?

What doesn't show that it's liked? There is a 'dislike' button (currently disabled), but it doesn't remove the like like the former system did. It's entirely separate.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I don't like change except when I like change, in which case I like change unless I don't.

So you don't not like change? :)

Found the option you mentioned, but had to click "save" for it to take effect, even though it was already selected. Works for me, as I like seeing all the info. Still have to click a button to see the likes given/received, which is different. *shrug* Ahh well... as long as I can like posts and receive likes *shrugs again*

After the third try Save worked. Certainly more trouble than it was worth since it did not actually save any space on my screen. Maybe ask before creating a mud pie?

I think I see what you're talking about, but either way you'd have to go in and save the setting.

RocketCowboy

I liked your post just because I could ... because I'm using the computer and not tapatalk. :)

I'm still using the iPad and tapatalk to scan through the forums in the evenings, but I try to stay away from the picture threads until I'm on the computer so I can like pics when they hit me. Hopefully the tapatalk guys figure things out pretty quick.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I liked knowing who liked or quoted one of my posts, and didn't really mind when it told me what I quoted. Now it's a complete mish-mosh of garbled stuff that points me to a post but eliminates the specifics within the notification that actually made it such that I could tell what specifically they liked within a 746 post thread without having to go back to it. It looks organized, but it's utterly useless to me.

Now I see what you're saying. The old like/thanks quoted the beginning of the liked post so we could quickly identify exactly which post was being liked. Now the notifications only lists the thread. If we want more info, we have to click on what was liked to see exactly which post it was. Too many left-hand turns while the old way offered a direct route. ;)

BackdoorArts

How's that?

Better position, but now when I click it I'm thrown to the bottom of the thread. So if I have 5 posts to read, and click Like on the first one, it shoots me past all of them and I need to go back. Like the next, back to the bottom...

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Quick question...shouldn't it be Thanks/Like this post rather than Thank/Likes this post? :confused:

mikew_RIP

This started when the change was complete,if i click like the picture jumps to full size and back again and then jumps to another post in that thread,i know the normal question is which browser are you using well its firefox,i do not want to use any other i dont need to use any other for the rest of my browsing all sites should be compatible with the main stream browsers.
Sorry again but two sayings spring to mind,if it aint broke dont fix it and just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Michael J.

What was the reason kill the like button in Tapatalk. I use Tapatalk a lot reading this forum

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk