Exif?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Being a Noob to this site, in regards to EXIF data, I saw it on some posted photos when I hovered over them with the curser. It happened one day, but I haven't seen it since. I haven't seen any EXIF data on any of the pictures in this thread. What am I missing (besides the data, Ha!)? The first time I saw it, I had been thinking about how nice it would be to be able to know what settings, etc shots were being taken at so I could learn from you experienced folks. TIA

Last edited:

Eyelight

Being a Noob to this site, in regards to EXIF data, I saw it on some posted photos when I hovered over them with the curser. It happened one day, but I haven't seen it since. I haven't seen any EXIF data on any of the pictures in this thread. What am I missing (besides the data, Ha!)? The first time I saw it, I had been thinking about how nice it would be to be able to know what settings, etc shots were being taken at so I could learn from you experienced folks. TIA

Not all photos are uploaded with EXIF, but in this thread the EXIF shows on Hark's photos and on Zutty's starting with post #15.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

It has to do with how the photos are linked to a thread. Some of the initial photos in this thread are displayed as attached thumbnails. I don't think that option of displaying photos allows the EXIF to show up.

BackdoorHippie once commented how if a photo is linked from Flickr, it must be linked with the Original Size as the option used. If it is linked with Large or some other size, the EXIF won't show up when the cursor hovers over the photo. So it isn't what you can do to rectify it, and it isn't what jdeg (the admin) can do. It's all in how the members opt to link their photos.

Plus like Eyelight said, if the EXIF is stripped from a photo's properties, then it won't show up either.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks Eyelight and Hark, I went back and looked at posts from 15 on and at first all that was showing up was the photo title (ie "couple"), then I went back for another look and all showed up. Hmmm! The EXIF data in the lower left corner (Black Box) was what I had seen before, but did not see it again until just now after going back and looking. Post #11 also had the data.

I'm not sure if it is my internet connection or what, but this site seems to intermittently do strange things, however I have not been on it long enough to actually know the norm. The Gallery wasn't working from the Banner on the top of the page (the last few days and today), but it did from the Welcome page today. Oh well, still a lot of good info to be found here. I like the site!

gephotography

Well the change in size seems to have done it. I did have the metadata checked the whole time...but I had it at 2400px...I'm going to try now at 2000px and see if it works now...but looking at the size of the file, I doubt it as it looks like it has been reduced exactly like Jake said.

Zutty
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am using the exact process and software (LR-5) as you describe, with the same results..no data with my uploaded pics I have tried resizing, but that hasn't resolved the issue for me...