"EXhausted Battery" indication

John AR

Feeling pretty pleased with the results of the repair I set off on my expedition to Africa. Guess what ! At the very first photo opportunity at the amazing Fish River Canyon in Namibia, the camera would not switch on, completely dead this time, no indication at all. Swapped batteries and SD cards, tried everything I could think of, nothing works at all. For the rest of the trip I had to rely on my iPhone Xs Max (which does take pretty good pictures anyway).
Just arrived home after an exhausting trip, I will be hopping mad when I speak to Nikon next week.

Needa

Challenge Team
Sorry to hear about round 2 of you camera problems. Hopefully they will get it resolved this time.

Whiskeyman

Feeling pretty pleased with the results of the repair I set off on my expedition to Africa. Guess what ! At the very first photo opportunity at the amazing Fish River Canyon in Namibia, the camera would not switch on, completely dead this time, no indication at all. Swapped batteries and SD cards, tried everything I could think of, nothing works at all. For the rest of the trip I had to rely on my iPhone Xs Max (which does take pretty good pictures anyway).
Just arrived home after an exhausting trip, I will be hopping mad when I speak to Nikon next week.

Were it me, I'd be hopping mad now! That's horrible!

One lesson here for everyone, when going on a trip like this, take spares!

WM

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Oh no! What a nightmare. At least maybe now Nikon will be able to find the problem and get it fixed. You shouldn't have to pay for shipping this time since repairs come with a 6 month warranty (at least in the USA). Ask to speak with a supervisor this time - but keep your cool. They are much more helpful when the customer doesn't go off on them (even though you might want to kick them in the butt or let out a slew of profanity).

John AR

Finally: "blown fuse on the motherboard" is their explanation today. So many questions regarding that: why should the fuse blow so soon after the major replacement of the motherboard ? Why should there be a fuse, liable to blow, in a place inaccessible to the average user ? What is wrong with my camera and with the service centre in my town ?

Anyway, they took five days and wanted a charge of $10 for replacement of that fuse. You can imagine what my response was to that request !

So, is there anyone wants to buy a very slightly used D7200 kit, now in working order ? I think I have had enough of it.

Meanwhile, a couple of pictures from my Nikon-less expedition courtesy of my iPhone Xs Max: IMG_5559~photo (M).JPGIMG_6056~photo (Medium).JPG

Last edited: