DXO Mark - Should They Be Trusted?

Wolfeye

As Jack Nicholson's Joker character once so eloquently put it, "Hubba hubba hubba, who do you trust?"

As a scientifically-thinking individual, I can't believe anything I haven't tested myself. I also can't test everything myself, so I place my trust in entities or websites who seem to follow the methodology I would use if I were doing the tests. True, they could simply be paid stooges of the camera and lens companys, but I'm comfortable using them as a guideline based on pure intuition. Sometimes it's all we humans have - a hunch.

Woodyg3

Contributor
This is the only guy I trust on Youtube.

LOL. Good one Blacktop! This guy's videos are funny for about 20 seconds. Then he goes on and on repeating himself endlessly, never really giving solid reasons for his opinion, and working hard to be a crude as possible. He is an obvious You Tube troll.

I don't always agree with Tony Northrup's conclusions, but he is scientific in his approach, at least. He gives enough information to let people make their own choices. His videos are a recourse I trust.

Tom Grove

I personally love DxO software... helps with post production pretty well. It's not the only one I use, but it is very serviceable.

Last edited:
Read the original article ..seems quite fair ..as for DXO I look at the sharpness graphs for lenses to compare Sigma /Tamron/Nikon and the ISO for the cameras. But in the end few of us can afford to change system once we have 3 or 4 bodies.