DX Mode

TL Robinson

...and yes I realize this a thread about the D850, but I could pit the above images against what I can get of the D500 in similar shooting situations, and be perfectly happy...I don't use my D500 for this type of shooting often, after extensive shooting with it, the D750, and D810, I actually prefer the D750 due to its fantastic high iso performance...so there'd be -0- reason to even consider a D850 (for me) based on that...definitely not "one camera to rule them all".... :p

ISOhappy

...and yes I realize this a thread about the D850, but I could pit the above images against what I can get of the D500 in similar shooting situations, and be perfectly happy...I don't use my D500 for this type of shooting often, after extensive shooting with it, the D750, and D810, I actually prefer the D750 due to its fantastic high iso performance...so there'd be -0- reason to even consider a D850 (for me) based on that...definitely not "one camera to rule them all".... :p

This is me, too. When I need the "reach", I use a D500, and when I don't, I use the D750. IMO, the D750's IQ is just as good, if not better than the 850. Others may find it very useful, but as for me, I'll pass. The only think more that I could ask from the 750 is even better high ISO quality. It's amazing as is, but the less noise, the better. If they release a D760, and it improves in this area, I will probably get it.