Duke Gardens Today!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Nice shots Chris! Looks like a great spot!
Thanks Rick, but please remember....I wasn't really trying too hard to shoot properly. I just wanted to try out the monster lens, and it really isn't for closeup photgraphy. If I was really going to shoot the flowers the right way, I would have adjusted the white balance a bit more, and more importantly used a telephoto like my 55-300 mm lens for nice bokeh. I was just messing around with apertures and things on a trial run to see if I really want to keep the lens or not. I really like it, but not for extreme closeups. I appreciate all the likes and stuff, but as you can see it's a wide angle lens. It was good on some shots of really bushy trees, and landscape shots, the few I took. Next time I'll go for the bokeh and remember to adjust my white balance either in camera or post production. Overall, it was a beautiful day, and temps. in the mid 80's. Sorry for telling you that Rick!

Rick M

Actually, I really like the distorted perspective an UW gives flowers! Can give them an "in your face" perspective, definitely nice and sharp too. As for the weather, huge dis-like! :)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Did they charge you..? I tried to shoot my family there and they told me I had to pay $150 an hour...Ridiculous....

Everybody there had a camera....no...they didn't try to charge me anything. I was the clod with the big daddy lens. There were a lot of people there. The regular parking lot was full, and the overflow lot was pretty packed too! Just a perfect day for a walk, or picnic as many were doing.

ShootRaw

They have a photo policy...Members its like $400 and some change to shoot there for the year..Clients,engagement shoots etc...
If you arrange the shoot they charge $100/hr to shoot and if you just show up $150/hr..Such a scam..Consider yourself lucky you did not get approached like I did..

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Well....no portrait photography here....or professional.....but it sucks that they are charging for pictures! I didn't read that before I went! Thanks for the heads up!