Dry Cabinet

Ironwood

Mine is working very well, I have no issues with it except that maybe it could be bigger. May get another one of the same size.
Does that one have enough room to store your 150-600 ? That is one reason I am thinking of the bigger one, I don't want to run out of room later on.

TL Robinson

I invested in one a year or so ago and am most pleased with it. Got mine off of Amazon...this is the stock photo of the one I got....pretty much can/will hold all my gear, including the bigger glass....(now big = nikon 200-500)....)

cabinet.jpg

Vixen

I've been thinking about winter in New Zealand. There is always lots of condensation about. Not sure what to do about it

Would one of those plastic big plastic boxes with a clip on lid work if you put some foam hatch sealing tape around the lid so it seals and throw some BIG silica gel packs in?

Friggs

I wouldn't think you need it in Australia. But I guess your rainy season is worse than I thought. Never knew these existed. Are they designed for photography equipment or something else?

Lawrence

Would one of those plastic big plastic boxes with a clip on lid work if you put some foam hatch sealing tape around the lid so it seals and throw some BIG silica gel packs in?

I have no idea - too risky to even think of offering a suggestion with expensive kit at stake.
Personally I think the camera would need circulating but dry air and not something completely sealed in.

Ironwood

I wouldn't think you need it in Australia. But I guess your rainy season is worse than I thought. Never knew these existed. Are they designed for photography equipment or something else?
Australia is a big country with diverse weather, the coastal regions of the northern half of Australia has very high humidity, percentages in the 80's and 90's are common.

I bought a 90 litre dry cabinet for my gear, $500 well spent, if it saves one lens from fungus it has paid for itself.

Vixen

I have no idea - too risky to even think of offering a suggestion with expensive kit at stake.
Personally I think the camera would need circulating but dry air and not something completely sealed in.

Did you end up getting a dry safe?

Vixen

Australia is a big country with diverse weather, the coastal regions of the northern half of Australia has very high humidity, percentages in the 80's and 90's are common.

I bought a 90 litre dry cabinet for my gear, $500 well spent, if it saves one lens from fungus it has paid for itself.

Wish I'd had my gear in one on the whale watching cruise

csgaraglino

I moved from Colorado to Tampa Florida, and I bought one the first week I was here.

This is an 80 liter I got from Amazon for $280 (free 2 day for Prime) and have been very happy with it.

I opted for a wider/shorter version and it holds everything I have 4 bodies, 8 lenses (even the 200-500) and odds & ends and there is still room for more.

Lots of people complain that these have inaccurate readings, and while that is true, their typically only off 2-3% but it’s consistent so I just adjust for it. Nikon recommends between 35%-45% so I have mine set at 40% and good to go!

Amazon.com : FORSPARK Camera Dehumidifying Dry Cabinet |8W 80L-Noiseless & Energy Saving - For Camera Lens & Electronic Equipment Storage : Camera & Photo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk