Don's D750 Dabblings

Another dam photo

04-30-2017_0004-pano-edit.jpg

Life is like a journey, taken on a train
With a pair of travelers at each windowpane.
I may sit beside you all the journey through,
Or I may sit elsewhere, never knowing you.
But if fate should make me sit by your side,
Let’s be pleasant travelers; it’s so short a ride.
– Anonymous

06-12-2017_1000.jpg

I finally got smart and thought through something in advance. I wanted to shoot the fireworks this year again for out little town. Last year I did sell a few prints and many people really liked them. This year I decided I wanted to do a slide show and prints. The key was consistency. I looked at last years shots and knew what aperture, shutter speed, ISO and focal length I shot last year so I set that all up before I left home. I went to the site before dark and focused the lens to the correct distance and did a few test shots just to make sure. Once the fireworks started I started shooting using a cable release so I did not have to touch the camera. I did check the first few shots to verify that all was what I wanted.

The first thing I did was to import them into Lightroom and adjust the first photo for color balance and whatever else needed tweaking. Then synced the setting on the rest of the shots and videos with that. Now all 98 shots and 2 videos match and look good. I then carried them into a video editing program and made a slide show set to patriotic music and uploaded it to YouTube. Next was to crop the first photo to Portrait 8X10 format (So standard frames will work) left enough of a fudge factor so that any size crop will work. Again after the first shot was cropped I again synced the rest of the photos to it and then using Lightroom I uploaded all the shots to my SmugMug site. I also had time to fix and eat a sandwich. The fireworks started a 9PM and I was finished before 11PM.

I think I may have to start planing ahead more often.

Here are the finished photos

July 4th, 2017 - Don Kuykendall

Moab Man

I am so jealous of the mill you have as a backdrop that I might just have to move there. Second thought, it rains there. I will stay here in the desert.

Have been sick or to cold to shoot in 2018 but finally got out today. Had Surgery on Tuesday and was going stir crazy. Beautiful day today so grabbed the camera and shot a few.

02-03-2018_0063.jpg

02-03-2018_0072.jpg

02-03-2018_0081.jpg

02-03-2018_0087-Edit.jpg