Does Anyone Own The Nikkor 14-24 mm 2.8 lens?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

wornish

The main problem I have is I can't stuff the lens into my big daddy camera bag.....It's a very bulky lens but shoots great! Can't wait to shoot some more....perfect for our HOA website photos that they've been bugging me for.

It is big I agree. Funny you should mention HOA. I used the lens yesterday to take a picture of a small room we had just redecorated. You do have to use LR to correct the distortion when its at 14mm but it can almost see around corners.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Since I don't have a full frame body, I can only imagine it looking around corners....but that being said, the sharpness of the images are incredible. I see why it is highly rated. I am going to experiment with appertures next to see how it does in relatively low light and in bright (hopefully sunny today) light.

Steve B

I'm "reopening" this thread to pose a related question. Does anyone that owns this lens have any experience with using the LEE SW150 filter setup on it? This lens is next on my list (as soon as I can pay off some other gear) and I have seen quite a few references to using this setup so that you can use at least ND filters on this lens. If you aren't familiar with the product: The LEE SW150 Camera Filter System especially designed for the popular Nikon 14-24mm lens. The sucker is pricey though.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I'm "reopening" this thread to pose a related question. Does anyone that owns this lens have any experience with using the LEE SW150 filter setup on it? This lens is next on my list (as soon as I can pay off some other gear) and I have seen quite a few references to using this setup so that you can use at least ND filters on this lens. If you aren't familiar with the product: The LEE SW150 Camera Filter System especially designed for the popular Nikon 14-24mm lens. The sucker is pricey though.

Might as well allocate around $2,000 to own that lens and filter kit. It is the price to have such a great lens that Canon lovers would like their camp to replicate.

Steve B

Might as well allocate around $2,000 to own that lens and filter kit. It is the price to have such a great lens that Canon lovers would like their camp to replicate.

More like $2500. The lens s just under $2k and the basic Lee SW150 filter kit I another $400. And that only comes with one filter. :eek:

zutty

D800 #2 Cape 14-24 HD2a.jpg
Chris, The 14-24 is one of the best lenses Nikon has ever produced....On fx it is unreal, but also does really well on dx...Enjoy it!

RocketCowboy

I had my hands on the 14-24mm mated up with a D610 ... now my NAS is in full swing. :)

These pictures are incredible and looking through the viewfinder with that big guy on the camera, it's motivating!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'll be out shooting with it today....the car show, and it's mounted on my D7100....like the narrow view at car shows....cars are crammed in, tight spaces....over 8000 cars at the show!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll be out shooting with it today....the car show, and it's mounted on my D7100....like the narrow view at car shows....cars are crammed in, tight spaces....over 8000 cars at the show!

You should mount it on your D610 for the optimum performance and wide view.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

In this case, I want to eliminate 'lookers' from the shots as much as possible. In order to do that, I don't want wide as I can get from the D610. I want a more narrow shot to screen out as many people as I can. It worked at the last car show I shot, and here in Syracuse, the cars are tighter together than they were in Wilmington. I'll sacrifice the wider view so I can zero in on the cars more and less spectators in the shots. Thanks though, I know you're trying to help.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

In this case, I want to eliminate 'lookers' from the shots as much as possible. In order to do that, I don't want wide as I can get from the D610. I want a more narrow shot to screen out as many people as I can. It worked at the last car show I shot, and here in Syracuse, the cars are tighter together than they were in Wilmington. I'll sacrifice the wider view so I can zero in on the cars more and less spectators in the shots. Thanks though, I know you're trying to help.

I wondered the same thing. Hope it works out well for you. :)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I wondered the same thing. Hope it works out well for you. :)

I decided last night to take my D610 back to the Nationals today and compare shots with it versus the D7100. I can just try and crop out the mobs of people, and get wider coverage so we'll give it a go. I would like CC on the results when I get through PP them.