Do you clean your camera sensors yourself?

Horoscope Fish

... I got all three of my cameras done for $75.00 and they look great and spot free.
Three camera sensors cleaned for $75 before a big trip? You'd have been a fool to pass that up, IMO.

Ii I could get professional sensor cleanings done for $25 I go that route on the regular. That assumes we're talking about an actual technician doing the job, not some greasy kid pulled off the street and locked in the back-room. I get charged $75 for a single (but full) camera cleaning. In all fairness for that price they clean the sensor, the entire shutter-box and detail the the body exterior but yeah... $75 per cleaning, per camera. That's why I learned how to do it myself.

grandpaw

Three camera sensors cleaned for $75 before a big trip? You'd have been a fool to pass that up, IMO.

Ii I could get professional sensor cleanings done for $25 I go that route on the regular. That assumes we're talking about an actual technician doing the job, not some greasy kid pulled off the street and locked in the back-room. I get charged $75 for a single (but full) camera cleaning. In all fairness for that price they clean the sensor, the entire shutter-box and detail the the body exterior but yeah... $75 per cleaning, per camera. That's why I learned how to do it myself.

He is a camera repair shop that has been in business for many years and I have had him clean my sensors before. He cleaned my D500, D600, and D7000 for $75.00 including tax. Also I dropped them off and went and ate lunch with a buddy of mine and then went back and picked them up after lunch.

Last edited: