Detaching rear cap of NIKKOR Z 24–70mm f/4 S (kit lens)

Clovishound

Mine was pretty difficult to remove. The good news is that when you remove the cap, it's a great lens. I started off the Z series with a Z5 and the 24-70. I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

Clovishound

It's pretty common to be reluctant to apply too much force to a new piece of gear. That's not a bad thing. That caution has saved me from breaking things on several occasions.

I think you will find that this lens is very sharp, and focuses quickly and silently. It's not your usual kit lens. It would be nice to have a little more on the telephoto end, but that would come at a cost, in price as well as size, weight, and likely, optical quality as well.

nikos

I also have a Nikon P1000 which is less equipped in therms of sensor size, megapixels, lens, etc, BUT has a lot of zoom.
On Wednesday when I went to test Z5 I felt very limited in terms of viewing and capturing something far from me.

I will definitely need a telephoto, at a later time.

nikos

It will be hard to match the zoom of the P1000.
Yeah. Compared to P1000, the max zoom of Z5 + 24-70mm lens, might not even considered a zoom ;) .
Thought P1000 sensor is not only smaller the the full format cameras, but also smaller than the cropped ones.

I have both for different reasons

bluzman

Yeah. Compared to P1000, the max zoom of Z5 + 24-70mm lens, might not even considered a zoom ;) .
Thought P1000 sensor is not only smaller the the full format cameras, but also smaller than the cropped ones.

I have both for different reasons
I got a P1000 when it was first released. It's a nice camera but after a while the novelty of the super zoomability (is that a real word?) wore off. These days I'm happy with an FX 70-300mm on my DX bodies or, when I want to reach out further, I have a Sony Cyber-shot RX10 IV (1" sensor, phase detection AF, 24-600mm equivalent lens).