DECEMBER Monthly Assignment -- ALMOST ANYTHING GOES

JPar

Entry #3: Georgia Aquarium

diver_aquarium.jpg

mikew_RIP

ENTRY #1 Local bear begging for food at the Xmas party
(How could you say, "No" ? )​

Dont think ime picking on you and i could be wrong but i thought the weekly and monthly assignments where for Nikon Cameras only,i know its almost anything goes but this needs clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Dont think ime picking on you and i could be wrong but i thought the weekly and monthly assignments where for Nikon Cameras only,i know its almost anything goes but this needs clarification.

It is not stated in the rules that an entry must have been taken using a Nikon. I believe that used to be a requirement (I will have to go back and see when it was dropped, on purpose or inadvertently. I may have inadvertently failed to include it, when I started trying to keep the monthly assignments going.) For this month we will leave it as the rules state or actually don't state in post #1. This month (December) any camera may be used. It will be something to look at for the future and see if it is desired to have it Nikon only. Let's not discuss it here, however. I will start a thread in Off-Topic "Monthly Contest-What do you think?"

lorenbrothers

Mike, I read the initial post through very thoroughly (8-9 times) and found no reason not to post. Sorry if you are upset. If it is going to make anybody unhappy I will delete my post :(

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Mike, I read the initial post through very thoroughly (8-9 times) and found no reason not to post. Sorry if you are upset. If it is going to make anybody unhappy I will delete my post :(
You are good to go. It is NOT a problem for this month. All is good! Ha! See post #24 in this thread.

mikew_RIP

Not upset,i never read the rules in the first post as i am sure somewhere in the past nearly three years i have been on here it was Nikon only,i cant recall seeing any amendment to that rule so took it that it still stood,dont want to dilute this thread any more but felt my reasons needed adding so you didnt think it was personal:D

If you read the sticky in the first post in this forum it clearly states that is must be captured by a Nikon

http://nikonites.com/weekly-photo-c...challenge-rules-guidelines.html#axzz3uVmfspki

The Rules (Effective with the Challenge beginning April 1, 2015)

1. Photos must be captured with a Nikon and appear in the thread with EXIF info in order to be considered for the challenge. If the forum EXIF viewer does not show for any reason, listing the camera and capture date/time below the photo is acceptable. Listing exposure info, lens & focal length is encouraged so others can learn.

Read more: http://nikonites.com/weekly-photo-c...challenge-rules-guidelines.html#ixzz3uVpZYGdy

It is not stated in the rules that an entry must have been taken using a Nikon. I believe that used to be a requirement (I will have to go back and see when it was dropped, on purpose or inadvertently. I may have inadvertently failed to include it, when I started trying to keep the monthly assignments going.) For this month we will leave it as the rules state or actually don't state in post #1. This month (December) any camera may be used. It will be something to look at for the future and see if it is desired to have it Nikon only. Let's not discuss it here, however. I will start a thread in Off-Topic "Monthly Contest-What do you think?"

Still a rule. look at the sticky at the beginning of this section of the forum

1. Photos must be captured with a Nikon and appear in the thread with EXIF info in order to be considered for the challenge. If the forum EXIF viewer does not show for any reason, listing the camera and capture date/time below the photo is acceptable. Listing exposure info, lens & focal length is encouraged so others can learn.

Read more: http://nikonites.com/weekly-photo-c...challenge-rules-guidelines.html#ixzz3uVpZYGdy

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Still a rule. look at the sticky at the beginning of this section of the forum

Sorry Don, but this is one of the very few times I have to disagree with you. Not that you are completely wrong, but it doesn't apply in this sub-forum. What you are posting is for the "Weekly Challenges" and is a sticky in that sub-forum. It is not a sticky for the "Monthly Challenge". Two different sub-forums. The only guidelines for the Monthly Challenges are posted at the first post of each month.

Unless I am missing it somewhere else, that's the way I see it.