Dawg Pics', "Get off the couch."--- 365 images in 2017

Dawg Pics

You do have a great imagination for light sources!

Because I am too cheap to buy real lights. :shame: Necessity is the mother of invention or something like that. LOL

I really need to purchase some good, portable lighting. It is on the growing list of stuff I need. :rolleyes:

Dawg Pics

#13/365

01132017_5012-2.jpg

Dawg Pics

are you watching the movie?

No, that is one of my Halloween props. It is standing in my living room until I decide to put it away. I was busy all day, and then was trying to figure out what to shoot. I took several bad images then, duuuuuuh, today is Friday 13th, and look what is standing there big as Dallas. :rolleyes: We forget he is there.

Dawg Pics

#15/365
I have one lame lighting image. Right now the tornado sirens are blaring (Tornado south of us moving north-northeast.) Looks like the bad stuff is headed east of me.
I had to turn the computer off so no posting images for me tonight.

01/17 post edit:
OK, Lightning image has been processed. It isn't as bad as I thought it was.
153652017_2633LR.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

#16/365

Got an underexposed image of a storefront. Will process it and make it "artsy."
(Didn't get home until late.)

01/17 Post edit:
O.K. As promised. This was a case where making it B&W made a better image. It was just too underexposed, and the colors were way more yellow than the building actually looked. If this were properly exposed then I would have left it alone because it was a well lit building. I didn't want to take time to set-up in downtown Garland, Tx by myself at night in this location. There were other areas with open businesses that were safer.

163652017_3894.jpg

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
we are getting 6 days of rain starting thrusday, the place floods after 1 day, so??? after 5 years of drought we need it.

Dawg Pics

we are getting 6 days of rain starting thrusday, the place floods after 1 day, so??? after 5 years of drought we need it.

Go figure. I am supposed to make a trip over there soon. I think rain is expected during the only real vacation I have had in over a decade.

Bikerbrent

Go figure. I am supposed to make a trip over there soon. I think rain is expected during the only real vacation I have had in over a decade.

Never fails. We have five years of drought and when you plan a trip to this area, significant rain is forecast. Enjoy your trip anyway.

Dawg Pics

In the event of a loss of power, do they let you bring your refrigerator down and plug it into their generator?

edit: looking at it on Street View, I think it is better in B&W.
Have you gotten a picture of the Plaza Theatre marquee? Very '50s sci-fi!
https://goo.gl/maps/nE4oMFasuTM2
Ha. I kind of doubt it.

I looked at the theater sign, but it was late, and I wanted to get out of there. It was just a block over from where I was standing, and it was very bright and pretty. I thought about it, circled the block and went home. I would like to go out there again, there are a lot of potentially cool images, like the theater sign.

The black and white image of the coffee shop looks good, but the lighting on the store is what caught my attention. The old orange bricks looked cool.

I just looked at the Google map. The Plaza sign that you see isn't what I saw. There is now a large flashing sign that has been added. I don't know if the older sign is still up there.

Last edited: