Dawg Pics' 2020: No more croppy photos.

Dawg Pics

@Woodyg3 I find it comical that we get outsmarted often. We put put up birds spikes and a Starling figures out how to perch on them. I put up a block to keep my dog from jumping the fence, and she figures out how to knock the boards off the fence. I miss that dog.

Dawg Pics

I focus stacked a few of my cicada images. In this case, it didn't help all that much, but gave me some practice anyway.

cicada_stacked_n_lr.jpg

Dawg Pics

New Dawg in town.

Time for me to introduce, "Nadia."

She was adopted from our local animal shelter at the end of December. A mix-thing with semi-coarse hair, a deep chest and a spastic personality. She is awesome in the car, loves to play ball and doesn't bark(Yay for that.) Her owner surrendered her to the shelter because they were moving and wanted her euthanized because she thought it would be too hard on the dog. A staff member talked her out of it, and Nadia spent all of 1 night at the shelter before we took her. She was confused and kept to herself during the first week. She started to play with toys on day 4, and it took a good month before she wasn't afraid of our dogs. She is now annoying our other dogs, and has figured out this is home. :)

2020 was a tough year for a lot of reasons including the 'lock down' of my Mom's nursing home.
In March of 2020, at the very beginning of the pandemic awareness, we had to euthanize Tallulah, our Black Mouth Cur. At the beginning of November of 2020, we had to euthanize Payton, our shepherd. I made it about 7 weeks before getting Nadia after I said, "No more dogs."

So, here she is.
nadia 5003836N LR_5003836.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

If I may ask, Which Dawg is in your Avatar with you?
Sure thing. That is "Guidry." He is also a mixy-thing that probably has some type of hunting stock mixed in like pointer, Queensland Heeler, Fox Hound or something similar. We have had him since 2013. My other dog is a Cocker Spaniel.

These are the 2 I lost last year.
Payton:
Payton N500_3418.jpg

Tallulah:
Tallulah_DSC4635.jpg

Last edited:

blackstar

We had a Samoyed named Willie who passed away 19 years ago. Since then I was so sad that couldn't take any other for replacement. Yet he is still here in my office with me all the time.
2021-03-17 21.34.10-s.jpg

Sorry, intrude into your thread.

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
Congratulations on the new pup. We have a couple of rescue cats that have made the best little fur buddies we could imagine. One of them is begging me for attention right now. :) I don't understand why so many animals wind up in a situation where they need to be rescued, but I'm glad so many people see the problem and give them good homes. Anyway, your new buddy looks like a great new companion. Have fun with her.

Dawg Pics

@Woodyg3

Thank you.

This one is turning out to be a fun dog. She is very playful, but not clingy, and is already trained. I wish I could let her previous owner know how well she is doing here.

I don't understand why people get animals if they won't take care of them. So many of the animals here are strays, and the owners just don't bother to fix them or microchip them. There are a few owner surrenders for various reasons, which I would much rather see than strays that aren't trained at all. The shelter here has a good program. They do everything they can to get the animals to good homes.

I would love to have cats, but hubby is allergic.

Dawg Pics

We'd love to have a dog again, but can't find reliable people who have the time to care for the dog while we're away. It's easier with cats.

This is something I understand.
Our vet in Texas had a great boarding facility with daycare playtime. Kind of expensive but worth it. However, with 4 dogs it was really expensive per day to use for an extended amount of time. Our dogs loved it there from going to regular daycare, so I didn't have to worry about them being stressed, and the staff new our dogs well.
Here, I am kind of stuck. I don't know who I would trust with them now.

One of the reasons, I didn't replace both dogs is because of boarding expenses. Can't go anywhere, can't do anything, can't have any fun.

Dawg Pics

Camp Pendleton's DDs

This is the defunct San Onofre nuclear generating station north of Camp Pendleton.

pendleton_dd_fb_new_file.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

A little late processing this, but here are some of the thousands of fireworks set off in dry California. :shame:

fireworks21 FB LR_5004672.jpg

fireworks21 FB LR_5004671.jpg

Last edited: