Danno's 365 for 2018 Going to Give it a Shot Again...

Danno

I like the colors in this. Did you do anything special with this image?

Thank you, I was kind of surprised when I looked out the window. I made all the modifications in LR. I made some basic adjustments to the shot and took a lot of the highlights out but just adjust the blacks, whites, and shadows to get most of it. Then I went to the HSL sliders and added some saturation and luminosity. The only other adjustments were lens correction and a bit of dehaze.

Danno

17/365
We have an old farmhouse renovated in 1947. It started as a log cabin. It was supposed to be a fixer-upper turned out after the first year I needed more than the house. But we love it here just like it is. This is the corner of one of the old original mantles on one of the two fireplaces.
Cloudy and Cold 2-0533.jpg

Danno

see some for sale on ebay. Does yours have a box? View attachment 277670

Yes, Mine has the Box. It was resting on it when I took the shot. I have to go out an look around there. Not that I will ever sell it, but it would be good to learn more about it. Dad loved these knives. We talked about them a lot but I cannot remember much of the discussions. I was sure what to buy him for any gift and he would be pleased.

Danno

22/365

Another rainy day, but some strange clouds that I caught walking Jersey. The first one was really strange. All around it was grey except this little spot of bright clouds.

Clouds and such-3493-Edit.jpg

The other two looked flat as I walked down the drive but than as I got more under them they got like Pillows.

Clouds and such-3499.jpg

Clouds and such-3502.jpg

Danno

Thanks, @Marilynne, and @nikonpup. With your help, I did find out the pattern of the knife. It is called a sowbelly pattern. Still not sure why the short blade is clipped @Roy1961 but I found some places to poke around. Who knows, maybe I needed another hobby. :D It was fun digging around for the details.

Danno

"WELL SON THAT IS A SPEY BLADE USED FOR DE-NUTTING CATTLE AMONG OTHER USES". This was the answer I got from a friend who is into knife collecting. :) I looked up "spey blade" and got this link: https://agrussell.com/encyclopedia/blade-shapes

Thanks, NP. That is what I needed. It actually makes sense, but we never used a knife. We used rubber bands for cattle.

My grandparents only raised hogs when I was a kid they quit when I was about 13 or 14 and they made us stay on the porch when they worked on the Hogs. They claimed they were really dangerous and unpredictable.

And he called you son... Hmmm ;)

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
"WELL SON THAT IS A SPEY BLADE USED FOR DE-NUTTING CATTLE AMONG OTHER USES". This was the answer I got from a friend who is into knife collecting. :) I looked up "spey blade" and got this link: https://agrussell.com/encyclopedia/blade-shapes

That was my first thought too, but I hadn't seen one with the square cut on the end. Of course all of mine were buck knives ie Stockman model where that particular blade was more rounded on the end.

Danno

23/365
Yesterday I am glad I was goofing around in the early part of the day because the evening slipped away. Most of the day was that Elvis song around here. Playing with handheld shots and the IS on the Tamron. It cost Jersey a few moments of nap time.

Jersey Girl-3523.jpg