Danno's 2023 Who Knows When

Danno

20231021 Blake Snr Photos-2516.jpg
20231021 Blake Snr Photos-2547.jpg

Danno

Hi Danno, When you took those portrait shots, did you use "face detection" on your Z8?
I asked myself why you might have asked that question Blackstar and I looked over the photos and they seem soft to me. The thing is they do not look that way in LrC. I looked at them enlarged to 200% and they are sharp as a tack. You can count my nephew's whiskers on his chin that he missed shaving. I uploaded them again. I did replace a couple and changed the quality of the export. They do not look as good here. They look a bit better on Facebook... (I never thought I would say that.)

WaltE

I asked myself why you might have asked that question Blackstar and I looked over the photos and they seem soft to me. The thing is they do not look that way in LrC. I looked at them enlarged to 200% and they are sharp as a tack. You can count my nephew's whiskers on his chin that he missed shaving. I uploaded them again. I did replace a couple and changed the quality of the export. They do not look as good here. They look a bit better on Facebook... (I never thought I would say that.)
For one, this site will only except tiny files that are shown pretty large. I have no idea what this site uses to present the images.

blackstar

Not a critic here (am still a learner). Just wonder in all those shots, they all have some part of the image, other than the face, that is in sharp focus. That's why I asked.

Danno

Not a critic here (am still a learner). Just wonder in all those shots, they all have some part of the image, other than the face, that is in sharp focus. That's why I asked.
I didn’t take it as criticism. I appreciated the question. I knew the shots on my monitor were sharp, but they looked soft when I looked them over on the site. To answer your question … I shot all of these a bit smaller aperture… in the f5.6-f7.1 If I remember correctly. I wanted more of the image in focus and I did have some distance to the background so I had decent bokeh in most of the photos.