D850 Lens Question??

robproctor83

If your looking for a good 1.4 lens I'd suggest the sigma 85 1.4 as it's a very good lens that is a bit cheaper and sharper than the Nikon equivalent. It's a very good lens. The 105 is maybe, maybe a tad sharper and will typically produce better bokeh, but it's also more expensive and larger. The sigma 105 1.4 is known as the bokeh master. The 85 is good enough for me though.

Niffty850

If your looking for a good 1.4 lens I'd suggest the sigma 85 1.4 as it's a very good lens that is a bit cheaper and sharper than the Nikon equivalent. It's a very good lens. The 105 is maybe, maybe a tad sharper and will typically produce better bokeh, but it's also more expensive and larger. The sigma 105 1.4 is known as the bokeh master. The 85 is good enough for me though.

Thanks! I’ll give it a look!

Niffty850

Did you get your 28-300 yet?

Yes, I did! Really liking it so far! I have lots to learn, but my first few shots have made me a believer in both the lense and 850!
I really appreciate all of the great advice you all have provided! Here's one of my first shots with the 28-300:
adele2018small.jpg