D7500 with a Gimbal

Nico

So just got myself a weeble s gimbal !
Everything that should work, does when videoing.
I have precis electronic control of focus via the thumb wheel.. on manual everything important I can adjust from the gimbil.
All is well.

Nope
One problem.

No HDMI output when the gimbal is in Live view.
Without the gimbal connected I get the same display on the field monitor as I have with the camera monitor.
With the gimbal I get HDMI output to the field monitor when displaying the menu or related things like info or camera messages and also playback.
Select Live View on the gimbal and mirror gets out the way, Auto Focus changes to video method.
I can even start/stop recording via the gimbal.
What I can't do is see what I am recording on either monitor unless I press live view on the camera.. then the camera monitor turns on but the field monitor still does not receive the HDMI signal which I verified using an HDMI tester.

I have updated the weebill and camera to the latest firmware.

So has anyone had a similar experience? Did you solve it?
Any advice.
Is there a gimbal out there that does talk to the D7500 and have live view on and external gimbal.

Thanks in advance

Fred Kingston

So just got myself a weeble s gimbal !
Everything that should work, does when videoing.
I have precis electronic control of focus via the thumb wheel.. on manual everything important I can adjust from the gimbil.
All is well.

Nope
One problem.

No HDMI output when the gimbal is in Live view.
Without the gimbal connected I get the same display on the field monitor as I have with the camera monitor.
With the gimbal I get HDMI output to the field monitor when displaying the menu or related things like info or camera messages and also playback.
Select Live View on the gimbal and mirror gets out the way, Auto Focus changes to video method.
I can even start/stop recording via the gimbal.
What I can't do is see what I am recording on either monitor unless I press live view on the camera.. then the camera monitor turns on but the field monitor still does not receive the HDMI signal which I verified using an HDMI tester.

I have updated the weebill and camera to the latest firmware.

So has anyone had a similar experience? Did you solve it?
Any advice.
Is there a gimbal out there that does talk to the D7500 and have live view on and external gimbal.

Thanks in advance
First place I'd start is with the maker of the gimbal for their compatibility list...

Nico

First place I'd start is with the maker of the gimbal for their compatibility list...
HDMI out is not listed on any list for any camera I have seen from this company unfortunate.. In fact the D7500 doesn't even appear but everything else does work in practice
Thanks

Fred Kingston

HDMI out is not listed on any list for any camera I have seen from this company unfortunate.. In fact the D7500 doesn't even appear but everything else does work in practice
Thanks
I would contact their customer support and inquire as to what/how exactly, the HDMI is supposed to work and how yours isn't. :)

The least they can do is ignore you. Where exactly did you buy the gimbal? Maybe contact the retailer??? If you're possibly within the return period, return it for a refund and try somebody else's gimbel???????

Nico

Thanks
Well I did before posting here.
They asked who's monitor I was using and when I said it happens with every monitor or cable tested they said as I was not using a compatible monitor, they weren't interested in talking to me.
They don't manufacture monitors and I replied that all the monitors tried work fine with the camera when the gimbal is not attached.
They never replied.
So that's what Zhiyun have to say for themselves.
Refund is a possibility but I have other reasons not to.

Fred Kingston

Thanks
Well I did before posting here.
They asked who's monitor I was using and when I said it happens with every monitor or cable tested they said as I was not using a compatible monitor, they weren't interested in talking to me.
They don't manufacture monitors and I replied that all the monitors tried work fine with the camera when the gimbal is not attached.
They never replied.
So that's what Zhiyun have to say for themselves.
Refund is a possibility but I have other reasons not to.
I'm not sure there's much I can offer. If the manufacturer isn't interested in resolving issues with their products, what else is there? Are there other comparable products made by different manufacturer's????

Dawg Pics

@Nico There is an internal setting in the camera to use the HDMI. It is under the set-up menu. Worth a shot to change the Advanced Live View to "On" and see if it works if you haven't already.
Take a look at the available HDMI settings in your manual.

Last edited:

Nico

@Nico There is an internal setting in the camera to use the HDMI. It is under the set-up menu. Worth a shot to change the Advanced Live View to "On" and see if it works if you haven't already.
Take a look at the available HDMI settings in your manual.
Yes there is and I have set it. The camera outputs HDMI without the gimbal and not with the gimbal connected.
When you press live view on the gimbal some of the necessary events happen.
The mirror is raised.
The auto focus system switches to video mode.
The record button on camera is disabled and the record function on the gimbal is enabled.
The Lv button on camera is not locked up and can be used to turn on the camera monitor.
There needs to be a further software logic switch that switches on the HDMI
As I can't assign a manual button on the camera to turn on HDMI in the same way as the camera monitor seems to be controlled by the LV switch on the camera with gimbal on....
I have run out of ideas.
As far as i know and I could be wrong other gimbals don't even get this far in supporting the d7500.
Does someone know different?