D7100 two lens deal

weebee

If they come from reputable dealers then I would do more research and cut out the middle man. @sonicbuffalo showed you a D7100 for 700.00. Then just go to Nikon and get a refurb 18-140.

Woodyg3

Contributor
If buying online, I'd stick to B&H, Adorama, or Cameta. They have legitimate prices, reasonably good customer service, and often times offer a longer store warrantee on refurbs.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@pitykitty.....you have to be careful unless you want a "grey market" camera. A grey market camera will not be worked on if it breaks by Nikon. They are overseas versions of the camera (although identical to US versions), but Nikon trackes them by serial numbers and will not honor their warranties in the US. They usually sell for quite a bit less than the official US versions. That's the only way you'll be able to get a D7100 for less than what Adorama (a legit Nikon dealer) will sell them for. Good luck and buy smart!

hrstrat57

My LCS always has used D7100. They also assure no grey market gear. KEH is another great choice if you buy used gear.

As others say above please buy smart and ask questions here this forum is a great resource to supplement your research!

pitykitty

i purchased the D7100 last night from sonicbuffalo's link! today i am ordering the refurbished 18-140mm lens through nikon. i'm so excited! thank you, everyone, for your suggestions and help!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

i purchased the D7100 last night from sonicbuffalo's link! today i am ordering the refurbished 18-140mm lens through nikon. i'm so excited! thank you, everyone, for your suggestions and help!

Other's here may have different opinions but I highly recommend David Busch's Guide to The Nikon D7100. It is a great resource and will teach you volumes about your new camera. Very graphically detailed and easy to understand.
Here is the link...feel free to read the reviews.

Last edited:

rangioran

I'll add one to Sonicbuffalo's suggestion - Mastering the Nikon D7100 by Darrell Young on Rockynook NikonianPress ISBN: 978-1-937538-32-3.
A really excellent book and certainly the best camera specific book that I've ever purchased ;)

pitykitty

hi everyone! got my camera on friday (and my lens on thursday, lol) and i am sloooowly trying to figure out how to use it! but i'm so excited and so far everything is looking great. my camera turned out to have 419 clicks on it. i am curious what you who have purchased the refurbished cameras/lenses that only have a three month warranty, do you all purchase anything in addition? i am searching the boards right now to see what previous discussions there have been about it, but just wanted to pop in and say I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA! Thanks! also: this baby is super heavy, lol