D7000 Pics

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Congrats on your gear. I'm sure there will be more 3rd party grips that are being made. I used a Zeikos for my D700 and have been using it for the last two years now without any issue.

Sgt Preston

For all you D7000 owners out there. What are you using for memory cards ? I just ordered a SanDisk 64Gig SDXC but have not recieved it yet should get it this week. I am currenty using an 8gig in slot one and a 16gig in slot two, shooting raw in slot one and jpeg in slot two. Comments and recomendations welcoem

Curt

I don’t order my cards on line (get them from the photo shop).
I don’t use anything bigger then 16GB, and class 6 is fast enough for me.
I don’t shoot video with my camera (leave that up to my HD video camcorder.

Sgt Preston

I could not find the 64 gig local. I bought it from amazon dot com. It is guaranteed so not worried about that. Getting ready to go to NASCAR race and need the extra memory

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Whats a photo shop? I live in El Paso Texas, its not the end of the world but you can see it from here

My guess would be a photo shop is a store that sells only, or specializes in photographic supplies, cameras, lenses, paper, frames, tripods, memory cards, etc.

Sgt Preston

My guess would be a photo shop is a store that sells only, or specializes in photographic supplies, cameras, lenses, paper, frames, tripods, memory cards, etc.

Marcel , it was sarcasim . The point being we don't have any of those :)

bluenoser

Banned
For all you D7000 owners out there. What are you using for memory cards ? I just ordered a SanDisk 64Gig SDXC but have not recieved it yet should get it this week. I am currenty using an 8gig in slot one and a 16gig in slot two, shooting raw in slot one and jpeg in slot two. Comments and recomendations welcoem

I use the new SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-1 (ultra high speed) cards...fast and reliable. If you find yourself running up against the buffer clearing limit with your current cards, give this one a try:
View attachment 3578
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sandisk+uhs&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Sgt Preston

ok it was me. I reset the slots so slot 2 is overflow and slot 1 is jpeg (fine) i can get 15 shots before it slows down, if i shoot 8 to 10 pic burst it is pretty much continuous. I shot 35 shots straight with 1/2 sec breaks. awesome card just what i am needing for shooting nascar.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Can I ask about the extra grip and what it does. I see extra buttons and knobs?

It makes a few things:

It makes it easier to handle the camera when shooting a vertical shot. The buttons on the grip make the camera feel just like if you were handling it in the landscape (horizontal) mode.

With the grip, you can get a few more images per second when shooting in "high continuous mode".

And finally (maybe I forget some other benefits???) it makes the camera heavier and bigger. Some people say this adds stability to their low shutter speed shots and some prefer the bigger size because it just feels better in their hand.