d7000 Custom settings

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
ok got the manual but i am going boarding in the morning is there a walk threw print out to show me how to change all the settings for snowboard jumping picks that i can read and do then save to my u1 button? i cant read the entire manual to figure it out . or shoul di just use the sports pre set on cH?

Since you're so limited with your time, just use the sports preset and then you can start learning from there.

Just make sure you don't land on the camera. :)

dorobo18jp

lol i will be taking pics of pros jumping not me jumping lol but thanks for the info. Is there a good resource to learn about the camera from a -z so i can use it to its full potential.?

Last edited by a moderator:

§am

Is there a good resource to learn about the camera from a -z so i can use it to its full potential.?

The manual (reference one if you can download it (as it's more in depth than the user manual)), YouTube, and hopefully some books.... oh and lots of just changing settings and clicking away :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
lol i will be talking pics of pros jumping not me jumping lol but thanks for the info. Is there a good resource to learn about the camera from a -z so i can use it to its full potential.?

Nikon digitutors on the net, and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube as well. Quite a few books on the market a well.

Mastering the Nikon D700 by Darrell Young is a very good one that I learned a lot from.

For the jumps, I think you can't go wrong with the sport setting. Just keep checking about your results as the day goes by. Light conditions will change as the sun moves around. Try not to catch all of them backlit.

Good luck with your pics.

LouCioccio

Once you figure out the settings that you like you have two options; you can save them using either U1 and U2 and even better if you have some small sd cards you can save them on the card. One caveat Nikon saves it with the same filename so you would have to save them on different cards.
Example: Sports, Nature, Portraits and so on.
Not sure where I saw but a fellow made a list (free) of different settings. If you do search I am sure you can find it.

Ciao,
Lou Cioccio

fotojack

I can send you a pdf file of D7000 settings, but I need to send it through email. Just PM me your email address and I will send it to you.....no charge. :)