D700 problem

alan bates

Bulbgantueous, Amen to that.

It is a wonderful lens, tip to the wise, compose most rooms around 20mm, 14mm is fine for capturing a small space ie shower tile, but for general room use 20mm, it is more pleasing, and less distortion. This is not a limitation of the lens but a common composition mistake made by many interiors/real estate photographers. I use my 14-24 almost daily, I think it is one of the nicest lenses nikon has ever made, it remains the benchmark for real estate photography. Watch out for the front glass, it is a little bulbgantueous...

alan bates

Did my first job with the 14-24 and must say it made life better. I did keep it on around 20mm for the most mart and had to do very little corrections in post. Curious as to what aperture you like to keep yours on shooting indoors and good light outside. I believe I was around 6.

You can use the 50 in real estate for some detail shots but it is not wide enough for general RE shots, get the 14-24 f2.8 and you'll never look back, I use mine daily for real estate and shoot mostly about 20mm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ruidoso Bill

Did my first job with the 14-24 and must say it made life better. I did keep it on around 20mm for the most mart and had to do very little corrections in post. Curious as to what aperture you like to keep yours on shooting indoors and good light outside. I believe I was around 6.

I normally shoot ISO 320 f8 and use my shutter speed to control the light. I normally start with a window exposure, I use up to 6 strobes to bring the light level up in the room. I do some bracketed shots with fusion to bring it together and finally mask and bring in the windows in Photoshop. Of course it is all done on a tripod. If I am really luckky I can get by with two shots with windows or one shot ambient. Tough light and large rooms with lots of windows are the big challenge, sometimes 5 shots or more.

Real Estate photography is much more difficult than many think but can be very enjoyable. Interior design comes next and if you are really good, architectural.

Last edited: