D610 Interval Question.

HotGates

A Raw file is bigger, so 1+ second to write one. You could run off a burst of say five of them, and time how long the green access LED stayed on, and divide by the five.

I don't know about the D600, but in D7000, it says the fastest card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 8GB at 26 MB/second Raw. That is not much more than the Transcend UHS-1 at 22 MB.

In the D800, it says Lexar 1000x card is the fastest (69 MB/second), but that card is not tested in the D7000.

1000x is Read Speed (1000 times the standard original CD drive at 150 KB/sec). Write speed will be slower, and also possibly limited by the camera speed. We really don't know most of these answers. :)

But the fast card is very nice in a USB 3.0 reader when we download hundreds of images.
Timed my Transcend 32gb at high speed and got 13 images till buffer filled and timed it with my stop watch on iphone, took 18:49sec till the green light went off, then I timed my sandisk extreme pro 95MB/s 10 UDMA7 and got 13 images but it took 9:30sec till the green light went off, that is a pretty big difference if you ask me.

WayneF

Yeah, about twice as fast. I'm not sure how exact this is, but assuming a fairly fast shutter speed (not holding it back), if it writes 5.5 frames per second, the 13 frames took 2.3 seconds (it was writing then too), plus 9.3 seconds to finish writing, is 11.5 seconds for to write 13 frames. That's around 0.9 seconds each. If the Raw file was about 23 MB, that's 13 x 23 MB / 11.5 seconds, is 26 MB/sec rate ?

I timed mine by filming a video of it with a cell phone camera. Camera had a flash at lowest power. Each frame is 1/30 second, and the video has the time in each frame seen with a viewer that will show it. So the times in the frames from the first flash to the time the green LED goes out must be the time it takes to write them.

HotGates

Yeah, about twice as fast. I'm not sure how exact this is, but assuming a fairly fast shutter speed (not holding it back), if it writes 5.5 frames per second, the 13 frames took 2.3 seconds (it was writing then too), plus 9.3 seconds to finish writing, is 11.5 seconds for to write 13 frames. That's around 0.9 seconds each. If the Raw file was about 23 MB, that's 13 x 23 MB / 11.5 seconds, is 26 MB/sec rate ?

I timed mine by filming a video of it with a cell phone camera. Camera had a flash at lowest power. Each frame is 1/30 second, and the video has the time in each frame seen with a viewer that will show it. So the times in the frames from the first flash to the time the green LED goes out must be the time it takes to write them.
Ya I guess it's right, I do know the sandisk was much faster clearing the buffer than transcend, I knew I should of bought a couple more sandisk lol;)

Bigfatmole

Never posted any photos before, may have reduced them too much, but here are a couple of star trails I did earlier in the year.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Bigfatmole

​No interval timer I'm afraid . Setup was as my earlier post , iso 800 locked shutter cable at 30 sec exposures f4. All photos stacked using a startrail software ... Free download