D600 Owners Unite! Discuss and Post Photos

Hyogen

Just an observation. Have you calibrated your monitor? I ask this as I find most of your pictures have a little bluish-majenta cast. I don't know if it is the way you like them or if it could be your monitor's calibration.

I haven't but thanks for letting me know. It's not all my photos right? I sometimes go for a more magenta look (and try not to ever leave a yellowy greenish cast), but not always. I definitely pp a lot on most of the pics I share.

actually, nevermind I sometimes do go for warmer look -.- ill be more mindful in the future...consistency is important

Last edited:

Eddie

Looks like you guys are enjoying your D600.
Im still with my 4 year old D300s ...
how I wish I could join you guys ... :(

Last edited:

Hyogen

You can sell your D80, D300s, and two DX lenses and you're almost there :D I got my less than 1000 shutter count D600 for $1550 :)

VectorZ

Just an observation. Have you calibrated your monitor? I ask this as I find most of your pictures have a little bluish-majenta cast. I don't know if it is the way you like them or if it could be your monitor's calibration.
What's the best way to accomplish this?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
would love to get some c&c on my first newborn session:

here are a few of the shots and more can be found HERE

floating baby! by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_5611 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_5743 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_5636 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_5602 by hyofoto, on Flickr

Was the sheet behind the floating baby really that red? I still see a color cast that makes the baby's skin look unnatural. But the photo is nice and as much as I love the idea and the baby, the color annoys me quite a bit. Sorry for my opinion and I hope it doesn't shock you but make you work on it a bit to improve.

Hyogen

I appreciate the criticism. I'll again try to be more mindful of it. The sheet was white, but the light from the flash and outdoor lighting was bluish.. I did go for a more rosy and warm color though.

VectorZ

Here are some of mine in the past two weeks.
86d0c7ffb9fce9cf4c0a7873daec53a6.jpg

fa975272dad5c804cf1000e7d933eaf7.jpg

e44303ada3927cbbb5d53d7fcb388481.jpg

abfb57c938c9b948a2744753d0ef37ef.jpg

c2af51dcb8fa8211f15eb45b789a741d.jpg

Hyogen

very nice set. I would have liked to have seen either color or maybe a little more contrast in the top two pics. We're not too far away from each other :) The guy who sold me his slightly used D600 (less than 1000 shots) drove up from Eugene to portland to sell it to me :D

HYO_6153_stitch (2 images) by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6200 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6214 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6205 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6309 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6429 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6480 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6498 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6459 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6575_stitch-4 by hyofoto, on Flickr

HYO_6575_stitch (13 images) by hyofoto, on Flickr

All taken with 50mm 1.8G. Didn't feel the need to pull out the 85mm 1.8. I felt like I could use a slightly wider view at times, though. I'll definitely need wider than 50 to shoot a wedding..

Hyogen

Thank you. I was shocked at how all my continuous AF shots of the seagulls were in focus... My dust / oil issue is back within a couple thousand shots of it getting cleaned by Nikon.. But I'm still not complaining..absolutely love the camera. Will probably do a wet sensor clean myself every 5000 shots.