D600 Owners Unite! Discuss and Post Photos

Hyogen

the dust on my D600 has become ABSOLUTELY horrendous...lol.

Did a long exposure last night at F16 and I wanted to vomit. This is one I just took with a larger aperture, and while the long exposure looks nicer with smooth water I don't think it's worth the effort cleaning up all the dust.......HOLY

I'm trying to buy another D600 ASAP so I can send this one in for cleaning/shutter replacement. I also have a couple weddings coming up that I really would like a second full frame body for. Looking to spend about 1200-1300 if you know anyone :-D

View of SF from Treasure Island by www.HYOFOTO.com, on Flickr

SkvLTD

DSC_0110.jpg

Hyogen

woot, just bought a second D600 which already had the shutter replaced. Now I can finally send mine in to get it cleaned and shutter replaced! The sensor is FILTHY with spots.

SkvLTD

Too much white perhaps? Still not a fan of that wedding angelic look, but at least you know better than to purposely overexpose to get the look.

Cafe-Paradiso-1.jpg

Hyogen

So, I have just learned I should probably be using the Neutral camera calibration profile for our camera. I've long been annoyed with the skin tones I get from the D600...and have been considering switching. Ryan Brenizer's review of the D600 says the same thing about skin tones. Anyone have any tips? I particularly waste a lot of time on asian skin tones..it's even worse in slightly less than ideal light. I feel like the best way I can describe it is: There is an extremely fine line between too little orange and too much orange in the skin. :|

If I can't figure it out within the next several months, I'm gonna consider switching cameras :|

mr2_serious

So, I have just learned I should probably be using the Neutral camera calibration profile for our camera. I've long been annoyed with the skin tones I get from the D600...and have been considering switching. Ryan Brenizer's review of the D600 says the same thing about skin tones. Anyone have any tips? I particularly waste a lot of time on asian skin tones..it's even worse in slightly less than ideal light. I feel like the best way I can describe it is: There is an extremely fine line between too little orange and too much orange in the skin. :|

If I can't figure it out within the next several months, I'm gonna consider switching cameras :|

What do you use to edit pictures? I use Photoshop CS6 and use the white balance eye dropper in camera raw. I look for something on the same plane as the subject that should be white and click on it. This adjusts all the tones. Usually this is 244 RGB so that there is a little bit of detail in whites.

I could be wrong but that's what I've been using and it works for me.

Hyogen

I use Lightroom almost exclusively. I have used the eye dropper and it does help some. Gonna have to play around with it more. I would really hate to give up all the great features of the D600 including Nikon's controls (dual wheel)

Hyogen

HYO_6730 by www.HYOFOTO.com, on Flickr

HYO_6714 by www.HYOFOTO.com, on Flickr

Both taken with the Sigma 35 1.4 art lens which I need to calibrate for longer distances (It is suffering from the pretty common backfocusing issue). I got the USB dock for $60, which I think is a steal and makes the lens worth it. Still 1/2 the price of Nikon & Canon's version and arguably better.