D500 - My Issue Resolution

eal1

While you wait for the D500 : IF you had to purchase just one camera, would it be the D500 or the D750? Just one - you cannot have both.
If your main love was photographing people, particularly children running around, being kids, candid shots, no posing -
which would it be? i am asking because my D610 isn't great when trying to photography my 18 month old grandchild.
Any thoughts Jake? Or anyone else? Am i on the wrong thread? If so, sorry.

salukfan111

While you wait for the D500 : IF you had to purchase just one camera, would it be the D500 or the D750? Just one - you cannot have both.
If your main love was photographing people, particularly children running around, being kids, candid shots, no posing -
which would it be? i am asking because my D610 isn't great when trying to photography my 18 month old grandchild.
Any thoughts Jake? Or anyone else? Am i on the wrong thread? If so, sorry.
Do you realize you just asked a FF camera owner if a DX is on par with their baby?

FF themesong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9pgqHRG_M

eal1

yes, i realize that. However, i just saw a review comparing 750 and 500 with the (professional) reviewer stating that he recommends the 500 over the 750 for those considering the two. . . And, my question is, can you see the difference in a photographic print (excluding poster size)? I enjoy Jake's travails with his cameras, respect his views, seek his insights given he uses both. . . so, this question is not so outlandish (i hope).

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
yes, i realize that. However, i just saw a review comparing 750 and 500 with the (professional) reviewer stating that he recommends the 500 over the 750 for those considering the two. . . And, my question is, can you see the difference in a photographic print (excluding poster size)? I enjoy Jake's travails with his cameras, respect his views, seek his insights given he uses both. . . so, this question is not so outlandish (i hope).

No, your question is not outlandish--salukfan111 seems to enjoy pushing people's buttons but rarely contributes anything worthwhile. ;)

Your question might be better posed in another thread that compares the D500 with the D750. That said, I'm curious what it is about the D610 that doesn't meet your needs when shooting kids? Can you make a new thread and be a little more specific with your inquiries and tell us what is happening with your D610?

BackdoorArts

There is no easy answer when all you do is ask me to choose between two bodies. The honest answer is, "I can't tell you because I need both for what I shoot."

I shoot wildlife. Lots of wildlife. And I shoot a lot of other things. After owning the D500 I never want to live without it when I have a long lens on. The shutter is rock solid and doesn't vibrate through my hands even at 10fps. I could shoot wildlife with the D750, but it feels a bit like firing a machine gun in comparison, and I don't get the reach, fps or buffer.

For everything else, in normal conditions it doesn't matter. In semi-low light, it doesn't matter. If I have to shoot at 6400 or higher? Give me the D750, unless I'm shooting JPEG, in which case the D500 more than keeps up with the in-camera NR.

For the shooting you describe? D750, hands down. You don't need the stuff that the D500 excels in, and you'd likely be just as well served with a D7200. But for candids and kids the flip screen of the D750 is perfect.