D3300 Infrared Conversion Photos

TedG954

This one reminded me of an Olde Florida 2 lane road that turned in to a major highway. Actually, it's on the east side of the Everglades. I don't know where it leads, but I'm sure Marilynne knows.

12-11-15 Loxahatchee IR   9.jpg

TedG954

Ted, you're just having too much fun with that IR conversion. I am really liking the majority of your results.

Thanks. And I do. It's another facet to enjoy. You can be very creative and enjoy. I was mainly attracted because, other than Backdoor Hippie, no one was doing it.

If you have an unused camera laying around collecting dust, send it out for a conversion. Then you'll be really hooked. :)

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks. And I do. It's another facet to enjoy. You can be very creative and enjoy. I was mainly attracted because, other than Backdoor Hippie, no one was doing it.

If you have an unused camera laying around collecting dust, send it out for a conversion. Then you'll be really hooked. :)

I really don't know much about it (I need to Google info on it I guess. Ha!), but I do like what you are presenting. Until now, other shots I had seen just didn't impress me much. I am usually not one to like things out of the norm. Ha!

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This one reminded me of an Olde Florida 2 lane road that turned in to a major highway. Actually, it's on the east side of the Everglades. I don't know where it leads, but I'm sure Marilynne knows.

View attachment 190309

If the road goes north/south, it probably ends in Miami. We missed the West Palm Beach turn off coming from the Gulf Coast a while back and there were no stops before Ft. Lauderdale. I'm just guessing though.

TedG954

If the road goes north/south, it probably ends in Miami. We missed the West Palm Beach turn off coming from the Gulf Coast a while back and there were no stops before Ft. Lauderdale. I'm just guessing though.

This is the road where they rent canoes at Loxahatchee National Park. I know you're familiar with that place.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is the road where they rent canoes at Loxahatchee National Park. I know you're familiar with that place.

OK, didn't realize that was Loxahatchee. The trail goes along the rim canal, south to Miami, part of the it is closed right now, so you can only go 14 miles south. They just opened a new section to the north and that will take you up to Southern Blvd in West Palm Beach. I was looking for the map of the hiking/biking trail.

Here's a link (PDF) to the trail in Palm Beach County.
https://loxahatcheefriends.com/welcome-sheet.pdf

Edit: BTW, we rode about five miles of the trail south and there are no shady spots, not even a palm tree.

Last edited:

TedG954

I drove out to Loxahatchee this morning. It's the area of the Everglades near my home.

Two years ago, you would drive no less than 5 miles due west from "civilization" to reach the levy. Along the way there were a couple of farms.

Today? There are at least 3 upscale housing developments on that same route. They have finally done it.... they've gone as far west as possible. From the ocean to the Everglades. Too bad.

12-21-15 Loxahatchee IR    3.jpg

12-21-15 Loxahatchee IR    2.jpg

12-21-15 Loxahatchee IR    1.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I drove out to Loxahatchee this morning. It's the area of the Everglades near my home.

Two years ago, you would drive no less than 5 miles due west from "civilization" to reach the levy. Along the way there were a couple of farms.

Today? There are at least 3 upscale housing developments on that same route. They have finally done it.... they've gone as far west as possible. From the ocean to the Everglades. Too bad.

Years ago, Palm Beach County voted in the Ag Reserve bond- no building on farm lands in west Delray and Boynton (between the turnpike and the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge), but the same thing - new developments and shopping centers are going up all over the place.

TedG954

Wetlands in Infrared. (Marilynne, there were 238,472 people up there today! At, least that's what it seemed like. I had to wait for a parking spot. Snowbirds!)

12-31-2015 Wetlands    1.jpg

12-31-2015 Wetlands    2.jpg

TedG954

I went to Wacha-whatever first, then over to Green Cay. I think I just missed you. I had to leave my car at the dealer, so I took a loaner over to the wetlands.

12-31-2015 Wetlands    5.jpg