D300 arriving soon

Dawg Pics

. I like that idea. Already have a drop box account and think it would be useful for members who want to share large files with fellow members.

I am archiving slides and need to transfer them to my Dad. Would Drop Box be good for that?
:DOh, and....my camera has arrived. :D
It is in great working and cosmetic condition. Upon close inspection, there is slight wear on the writing on one button (didn't even notice it at first) and a couple dust specks that don't show up on the final image. Had to look for the dust on the camera body. No scratches nor dents. Pretty much looks like a new camera. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

The dust specks change focus when the diopter is turned on the eyepiece. Maybe the mirror needs to be cleaned.

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Yes, I suppose it would, Skene, but I don't know how Google docs works because I've never used it! :) I keep all my PDF files in a particular file folder on my home computer, so it's really no hassle for me to email a particular file to someone.

Plus you get hands on props for your hard work and care/share.

Like it.

RON_RIP

[MENTION=26505]Dawg Pics[/MENTION], I use my dropbox when I want to send someone a larger file than you can send by e-mail. So it is good for sending to someone else to edit.

STM

I have a used D300 I use as a back up camera or when I need more "reach" with nature photos. It is a good, solid camera but best used below ISO 800. Above that and things get kind of yucky fast

But with care, it can produce images like this, shot with the D300 and 600mm f/4 ED-IF AIS and TC-300 shot at ISO 400

Moon2.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

I have a used D300 I use as a back up camera or when I need more "reach" with nature photos. It is a good, solid camera but best used below ISO 800. Above that and things get kind of yucky fast

But with care, it can produce images like this, shot with the D300 and 600mm f/4 ED-IF AIS and TC-300 shot at ISO 400

That looks great. Thanks for the inspiration. One of my hobbies is occasional star-gazing.

Last edited:

fotojack

@Dawg Pics, I use my dropbox when I want to send someone a larger file than you can send by e-mail. So it is good for sending to someone else to edit.

I agree, Ron...Drop Box is good. However, not everyone uses Drop Box, and.....like I said, I don't have those particular files on my lap top. I keep them all on my desk top computer at home. :)